• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BWHITT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Houston
    American shooting center 281-556-8199 outside only. Lots of range room and cheap price.

Tactical fire arms.281-693-4867 inside only no lead and you can’t pick up your brass.

Last edited:

BWHITT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Houston
    Agree, ASC does not tolerate rapid fire. Never tried Athena, bought a member ship to ASC so I don't explore many ranges. Plus ASC is 3 miles from my house.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    hotwells dosent mind selling more rifle range passes than they have lanes. at least on the wknd that can happen.
    Been stung with that once myself, kinda irritating. All the shooters did a good job of switching out and making sure everyone at least had the opportunity to shoot. The range officers appeared clueless, so we all just stood in a group at one of the breaks and figured out who was going where. One of the kids started trying to figure it out, but he pretty quickly gave up and went back to his little shack by the range house. I'd like to go back out though, last time I was there to sight in the cheap scope I put on my 10/22. Started on the 25 and went to 50. Got it pretty well dialed in at 50, so now I'd like to see how it does at 100 before I do any accurizing work.

Rockinar

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2014
    Tactical Firearms on Mason. They have a range officer than stands in there watching all the idiots that come in there barrel sweeping everyone. Gangbangers go bump fire your M11 elsewhere, this aint your place. Also bullet proof pation glass so you can see the clowns next to you. Safety is big there. They dont put up with safety isues or clowns at all. I like the place. Dont buy all the "anti 2A nonsense". Owner might be an idiot, but he's non an anti. American Shooting Center in George Bush Park, its outdoors, clientel can be hit and miss. Range officers seem to be either strict or will have their head up their ass. But they have everything from Skeet/trap to long range rifle station. I like Athena, down by Beltway 8. But safety seems way too relaxed and it might just be me, but it seems unusually loud in there compared to other indoor ranges. If someone has an AR in there, its almost unbearable. i cant say that about other indoor ranges. maybe its the smaller rooms? They also seem to hire people that have no firearms experience or knowlede.

Rockinar

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2014
    Avoid Tactical Firearms. Long story, but their owner is a 2A traitor and partly nuts.

He's NOT anti 2A. Idiot? Yes. You forgot to mention how he changed his business structure so he does not have to double file with the ATF in order to protect the privacy of his customers. The ATF was not thrilled with that and asked him to double file anyways. He told them "Nope".

Anyone else in Houston do that? NOPE. Idiot? Yes. Crazy? Yes. Anti 2A....no.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I like Athena, down by Beltway 8. But safety seems way too relaxed and it might just be me, but it seems unusually loud in there compared to other indoor ranges. If someone has an AR in there, its almost unbearable. i cant say that about other indoor ranges. maybe its the smaller rooms? They also seem to hire people that have no firearms experience or knowlede.
    I'm confused. Yes, Athena seemed particularly loud to me when I went there. However, the comment about "maybe its the smaller rooms" I don't grok. The main shooting room is huge with a high ceiling.

Or are you theorizing that other ranges are quieter because they have smaller rooms?

If you're talking about the luxe side of the range, I've never been over there.

Rockinar

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2014
    I'm confused. Yes, Athena seemed particularly loud to me when I went there. However, the comment about "maybe its the smaller rooms" I don't grok. The main shooting room is huge with a high ceiling.

Or are you theorizing that other ranges are quieter because they have smaller rooms?

If you're talking about the luxe side of the range, I've never been over there.

Im saying other ranges might be quieter because they usually just have one large room. Athena I think has multiple rooms. Maybe smaller?

I have only been in the public room across the hall from the range officer station at Athena. I dont remember how many lanes that room has. It seems someone is always in the with an AR. It's so loud (even just 1 rifle) I have to step back and wait for them to finish cause it rattles my head each time they fire. At Tactical in Katy I had a guy shooting a full auto AR only 3 lanes over and semi auto next to them, only one empty lane between us. It was non issue and did not seem near as loud. Why Athena seems so loud, I dunno. My guess was maybe the rooms at Athena have less lanes, smaller rooms, making it louder.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I have only been in the public room across the hall from the range officer station at Athena.
    That explains my confusion. I've only been in the public room behind the range officer station. It's huge, like shooting inside a converted high school gym.

Top Bottom