Where (on your person) do you carry?

Discussion in 'Texas Concealed Handgun (CHL)' started by radioflyer, Dec 4, 2009.

1. radioflyer

radioflyer Active Member

Mar 21, 2009
    Normally I carry IWB in my custom minotaur holster, but I find that having to wear pants a size too large becomes uncomfortable should i decide not to carry. Since it's colder outside, I can get away with wearing a larger jacket and wearing my IDPA OWB rig, but while it's more comfortable, i'm always skeptical if i reach up for something or my jacket flies out i'll be exposed.

Where do you guys carry?

2. TxEMTP69

TxEMTP69 TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    IWB 3-4 O'clock, only thing I've discovered (what i've been told all along) is I need to invest in a good gun belt

3. mortdooley

mortdooley Active Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Texas Gulf Coast
    I don't follow the advice of people that really do know better than me how I should carry. My number one carry method is Kel-Tec 9mm in an ankle holster, I know it is slow but it is better then the one I leave home because it won't conceal unless I dress to carry. Also I can reach it better while driving and can transfer it to my waist or pocket if I feel uncomfortable. Sometime I wear cargo pants with the deeper front pocket and carry a "J Frame" Smith without pocket holster which pretty much doubles the size, again counter to the advice of experts. I always make sure the gun is 100% and never carry anything else in that pocket.

4. Shorts

Shorts TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    On the jackets, instead of wearing the cinched kind at the waste get the kind that hang down a little longer. That will help keep it from crawling up over the gun. I have several different styles of jackets and I save the cinched ones for wearing around the yard and the long one for public.

I normally wear an IWB @ 3oclock. I may change it up for the jacket weather like I would in WA.

5. navyguy

navyguy TGT Addict

Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    For me it he most comfortable and easiest to draw when carrying a standard "compact" sized gun (P2000) is OWB at 3 o'clock. But of course that will only work under a jacket or such. I don't worry too much about showing under the jacket, as my holster has enough cant and rides medium high. Otherwise IWB, or pocket carry a J frame. I have a few other "tricks" I use at work.

6. PopsXD9sc

PopsXD9sc Active Member

Nov 16, 2008
    Longview
    I have always carried IWB at 4:00. Works well with any of my pistols and conceals well even with just a t-shirt. It is a little discomforting wearing pants that are an inch or so too big but they fit right when carrying. That in itself is a good reason to never leave the house without a gun tucked into the IWB holster.

7. claymore504

claymore504 Well-Known

Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    I carry IWB 99% of the time. But now that it is jacket weather I carry OWB with jacket only covering it sometimes. Very comfortable!

8. Charley

Charley Active Member

Aug 7, 2008
    San Antonio
    Behind the hip, strong side, IWB. Mostly Don Hume leather, although I occasionaly use a belly band rig when I have to wear dress clothes. A proper gun belt makes all the difference.

9. carver

carver New Member

Dec 5, 2009
    Waskom
    I carry a 1911A clone, Yaquie style holster on the belt, 3 o'clock, two extra mags in a mag holster, under a large shirt with long tails, or a jacket. When the weather is really warm I'm usually in shorts, Smart Carry, or pocket carry. With the Smart Carry I can carry anything I want to. Pocket carry is usually a .38.

10. ROGER4314

ROGER4314 Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!

Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I carry a Keltec P3AT or a Ruger LCP almost 24/7. I carry in my right front pocket.

If I carry anything larger, I use a fanny pack. I never use a holster.

Flash