• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RPB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Texas
    Kholster IWB at 3:00 w/Glock 27/26 or P11 + Diamondback DB380 IWB 5:00 + Bluejean jacket Inside pockets contain a NAA Guardian 380 and a Seecamp .32 + Safepacker with Taurus PT92 3:00 + AMT Backup ,380 Ankle or upper armpit area +another Seecamp .32 holstered inside a cargo shorts/pants pocket + Keltec P11 or Glock 19 fanny pack.

Last year I sold the NAA .22 Mini-revolvers and all the various derringers I could carry in a wallet holster or under my cap or as a necklace pendant.

I used to put on 20-35 concealed guns and have LEO freinds search me and see how many they found, to raise their awareness, for their safety .... it's paid off for them a couple times..... Why do I "normally" wear more than 1 or 2? I have only one hand and I can grab a BUG as fast as I could grab a spare mag and faster clearing some malfunctions (though I'm pretty darn fast at clearing), I carry no spare mags at all.
    Another reason I carry several is if I'm in church, every deacon (and several other members) have a CHL, we practice together a LOT, and if they aren't carrying that Sunday and a situation arose, I could toss them a spare of mine if the situation required it.

If I'm going out on my Kayak, I'll carry less weight, like a 9mm or .40 stainless steel weapon in a life jacket with snakeshot as the first round or 2 for rattelesnakes, and a Seecampor AMT Backup tucked away somewhere else... I don't want to sink real fast if I fall in the water.

But, I may carry a snubby .357 or other weapon elsewhere... A friend once told me "Never show your hole card" so I never disclose the location of everything I may be wearing except to LEO if asked.

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    When not carrying in my shoulder rig I carry in the 2:30 IWB with a clip draw.
    The clip draw works good but after new years Shorts is gonna make me a IWB holster with a 10 degree forward cante.
    99% time I am carrying my S&W 908 9mm.
    If I know I'm going into a area where there is a possibility of an issue I add my 44spl snubby in the 4:00 IWB using a clip draw.

DoubleActionCHL

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2008
    Spring, Texas
    I usually carry a Glock 23 on the right hip and a Glock 22 on the right kidney. Sometimes I reverse them, depending on what I'm carrying. If I'm in a pull over, I'll wear the 22 only in right kidney position. For shorts and t-shirt, I'll wear the G23 on the right in a belly band.

Clay

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2009
    Texas
    I figure anyone wearing an untucked shirt is carrying IWB. I have no clue how to tell if they are CHL or illegal.

I pocket carry, hate wearing an untucked shirt.

DoubleActionCHL

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2008
    Spring, Texas
    I figure anyone wearing an untucked shirt is carrying IWB. I have no clue how to tell if they are CHL or illegal.

I pocket carry, hate wearing an untucked shirt.

I used to hate wearing untucked shirts. I was very particular about my dress. Now that I'm old, gained a little weight and carry all the time... I just don't care anymore.

Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    Just can't get into carrying IWB, So I carry my 45 OWB at 3'oclock.
    SW.jpg

RPB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Texas
    Is that StingrayManta ray or Shark skin? Sure looks niiiiiiice. Would match a pair of boots I have.
    But I rarely wear a coat since I retired.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Depends on what vehicle I am driving to dictate which weapon:

car = G27 IWB at ~9:30 (leftie).

Truck = anything else IWB, basically at same location.

Fisherman777

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    45R
    Which 'tuckable' did you go with, because I tried a couple and they just didn't seem to work well.

Well, I contacted Tucker Gun Leather and inquired about the Texas Heritage and there was another one I was interested in but he talked me into getting the Silent Thunder. Probably because he had one already made. LOL It's a fine holster and I like the wide clip and I'm happy with it but if I get another holster, I'll get the Texas Heritage because it has two clips and with the clips not right over the holster, I can tuck easier. Probably a lot easier. It's kind of a pain getting my fingers down in there but when it's done it's okay.

I like the Silent Thunder because it's leather lined. Don't like the idea of Kydex/plastic on the gun. It's noisy and it scratches. The ST is absolutely silent when drawing. I think he has another leather lined Kydex holster that's tuckable and has two clips. If so, I'll get that.

I'd try the Super Tuck if it had a leather lining like the Tucker ST.

DRod

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    My supertuck is silent. Only noise out of it was when I had the clip screws too tight and they squeaked. Its nice and quiet now.

DRod

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Nope, straight kydex over leather back plate. But its molded well enough that it doesnt creek or pop. Love it.
    Not crazy about kydex on my gun, but its a glock and a gun that shows wear is a gun that worn. to be honest, the leather side wears a little more of the finish than the kydex side.

Kc5

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2009
    texas
    I've only been carrying a few weeks and I started with the cheap Uncle Mikes IWB at 1:00. It was uncomfortable to sit and I didn't really like the gun pointing at my stuff, but it was easy to conceal. Then tried 6:00 and it was best for walking, but still not good for sitting and I felt like I was printing. I had to be careful about bending over while shopping.
    I finally settled in at 3:00-3:30; comfortable standing, walking and sitting. I recently got the very inexpensive Ace Case IWB holster and I'm liking it so far. Like the Uncle Mikes, it's very thin and the clip is a little higher, so the grip sits a little lower toward the belt line. With the Kel-Tec PF9, this makes a very thin package. Having some love handles makes this easy to conceal. I'm usually wearing shorts without a belt and an untucked t-shirt.
    I just got the Cel-Pal holster today, but I don't expect it to see much action.

sixguncowboy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Midland
    In my line of business I wear suits or a sports coat & tie every day & also to church so that is my attire almost 7 days a week. I do not carry in holsters except for the occasional shoulder holster. I use a Clip Draw 97% of the time which I have found the most comfortable way to carry, [url]http://www.clipdraw.com/[/URL] usually at the 3 or 4 o'clock position.

When dressed casually, a light jacket, sweater, or winter coat conceals my handgun. In warm weather casual wear is usually a golf shirt or a guyaberra shirt to conceal my sidearm. I've even rarely carried a Kel-Tec P32 in the top of my boot.

arvetus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Lufkin, TX
    For my Sig P229 Equinox, I have a crossbreed IWB holster that I use and also a Don Hume OWB holster that holds the gun in tight and high. With either holster, I carry it at about 4:00 and it works pretty well.

I carry my wife's Bersa if we're driving on long trips and keep the Sig in the map pocket of the door. The only holster I have for that is another one of the Don Hume's. She prefers the handbag or fanny pack option.

I can use the OWB a lot in the winter with most shirts as long as I leave them untucked. The IWB gets used more often in the summer, but I need to double layer a t-shirt if I'm in the mood to wear one. I still can't tuck my shirts in if I am carrying though...

Top Bottom