• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • martywj

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Burleson
    Only been carrying a couple of weeks since getting my CHL. I carry a Taurus PT140 in OWB Don Hume JIT Slide at 4:00 and sometimes use Forbus paddle for the same gun also at 4:00. Don't have a mag holder so I just stick in in my left hip pocket with my wallet. I used to carry my wallet in right hip pocket, but decided to change to the left if were to ever get stopped by the LEO's to be able to get to my wallet out without going near my gun.
    ARJ Defense ad

RPB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Texas
    In my line of business I wear suits or a sports coat & tie every day & also to church so that is my attire almost 7 days a week. I do not carry in holsters except for the occasional shoulder holster. I use a Clip Draw 97% of the time which I have found the most comfortable way to carry, [URL="http://www.clipdraw.com/"][URL]http://www.clipdraw.com/[/URL][/URL] usually at the 3 or 4 o'clock position.

When dressed casually, a light jacket, sweater, or winter coat conceals my handgun. In warm weather casual wear is usually a golf shirt or a guyaberra shirt to conceal my sidearm. I've even rarely carried a Kel-Tec P32 in the top of my boot.

guyaberra shirt here, even in Winter, but in Winter I wear an XXXL Tee-Shirt under it and leave the guyaberra shirt unbuttoned ..... sorta looks like Earl, on "My Name is Earl"

3:00 Glock 26/27, SOB Diamondback DB380, 9:00 AMT Backup 380, each inside jeans jacket pocket Seecamp 32 .... and possibly an Appendix NAA Guardian 380 or Keltec P11 .... sometimes some others :)

Except on Sunday, when it's a Seecamp in pants pocket, and Glock or P11 IWB tuckable.... and maybe some others. :)

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Is anybody else concerned about using a clip draw with a Glock....I sure like having the trigger covered when it's in my pants, especially during the process of putting it there.....

DRod

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Is anybody else concerned about using a clip draw with a Glock....I sure like having the trigger covered when it's in my pants, especially during the process of putting it there.....

Not really concerned with it but not totally comfortable with it. I understand that the trigger is effectively covered by the waste band, but I'd much rather have a dedicated holster. I think they look kinda goofy too. But then again, it aint about the looks, its about the booms.

Personally, Im happy with my crossbreed supertuck. I got the combat cut, but ended up trimming it up a little bit more to get a more comfortable shooting grip from the holster.

sixguncowboy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Midland
    The reason I prefer the Clip Draw is less bulk and more concealability than with a holster. I have them on all my cc guns and it's really convenient. If I was carrying my Kimber Ultra CDP yesterday and decide I want to carry my Kahr K40 today I don't have to change out holsters. I started out carrying a Colt Detective Special snub nose revolver both off duty and as a detective with a Barami Hip Grip 38 years ago. Barami Hip Grip Concealed Pistol Revolver I still do occasionally and have never had a ND.

I can understand being unsure about the safety of using one. Safety is a matter of training yourself to insert your weapon in your waistband and to draw it as a matter of habit. Believe it or not your muscles have memory. They learn to do something one way and do it the same way every time. It takes about 3,000 repetitions to teach them to do it another way. If drawing a hammered side arm keep your thumb on the hammer until pointed down range. If carrying a 1911 style cocked & locked I keep my thumb on the safety ready to depress it should I need to fire. Always and I mean always keep your finger off the trigger until ready to fire. My trigger finger goes along side the frame above the trigger guard regardless of what I'm carrying.

bikerbill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Lago Vista
    Pocket carry most of the year, either a Kahr PM9 in a Nemesis or Mika, Smith 637 in a Nemesis ... if I want belt carry, I use a Fobus kydex paddle holster, strong side or cross-draw, for the Kahr. I also carry a Kimber UCII in cooler weather, again in a paddle holster or DeSantis mini-slide, tho that particular weapon is down until I can polish the feed ramp. I love pocket carry, since I spend most of the warm months in cargo shorts and a tank top.

TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    I just got a crossbreed supertuck for my g19 and it works really well, the tuckable feature is nice and I tried it out during Christmas. Worked well, comfortable and easy on and off.

arvetus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Lufkin, TX
    My crossbreed is the supertuck as well, but I can't tuck my shirt in around it. Perhaps it's the fact that I carry a Sig P229, a full size duty gun, or maybe I'm doing something wrong. But it is blatantly obvious there is something in my pants, and not in the perverted sense either! However, it does conceal better than an OWB holster with an untucked shirt. Just any way I try it, I can't conceal it when tucking in a shirt. But unless I'm working, I rarely tuck in my shirts anyway...

DRod

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    I just got a crossbreed supertuck for my g19 and it works really well, the tuckable feature is nice and I tried it out during Christmas. Worked well, comfortable and easy on and off.

Give it a good week of carry and it will mold itself to you nicely.
    When standing, I don't feel it. When sitting I feel it but its a "wallet" feel to it.
    Enjoy it. :)

usaf_vito

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2009
    San Antonio, TX
    I don't have my CHL but I walk around the house (to practice for when I do have it) with a 92FS SOB. There seems to be a lot of hate for that carry position, but it feels like the most easily concealable place and it's not as uncomfortable as critics make it out to be. I just wish someone would make an IWB SOB holster with a 45-degree cant...

arvetus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Lufkin, TX
    it's not that it's uncomfortable, but I think the reason a lot of people dislike it is because if you were to fall on it, you would be messed up for life probably. Your back is not something to mess with, and if you were to fall backwards onto your gun, a very hard piece of metal, you could seriously injure your lower back.

I don't/can't carry at work so I leave my gun in the car. I usually put it in my SOB when walking from the house to the car with my coffee and wallet. I wouldn't ever carry there for normal carry though due to the above reason...

RPB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Texas

Clipdraws, unholstered pocket/fannypack/purse carry, etc ...
    That's what this is for:
    Vanguard Trigger Guard Holster The Malabar Front

:)

81aggie

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2009
    San Antonio
    I always (where allowed) have a KelTec P32 in a wallet holster in my back pocket. I also carry a compact 1911 in a Crossbreed SuperTuck or a snub nosed .38 Special in a Bianchi IWB holster. These options pretty much allow me to carry regardless of the weather or how I'm dressed.

usaf_vito

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2009
    San Antonio, TX
    I think my posterior is big enough so that it'd hit first...it's pretty hard for me to fall directly on the small of my back, even if you add the extra inch and a half in thickness of a gun. Is that injury risk idea the biggest fear? I just don't think it's as big of a risk as people think.

it's not that it's uncomfortable, but I think the reason a lot of people dislike it is because if you were to fall on it, you would be messed up for life probably. Your back is not something to mess with, and if you were to fall backwards onto your gun, a very hard piece of metal, you could seriously injure your lower back.

I don't/can't carry at work so I leave my gun in the car. I usually put it in my SOB when walking from the house to the car with my coffee and wallet. I wouldn't ever carry there for normal carry though due to the above reason...

arvetus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Lufkin, TX
    Is that injury risk idea the biggest fear?

It is for me...
    Have you ever fallen on your butt when your wallet is in your back pocket? The injury risk is my personal biggest fear. As concerns your back, it only takes once. Even if you did get in a scuffle, or slip and fall and you landed on your butt, you will most likely roll backwards. I used to live in the great, white north, and I can count several times slipping on some ice, falling and completely missing my backside and straight onto my back and head. Carrying a gun in that position is just not something I would personally do on a regular basis, albeit a carrying position that is very easily concealable and actually quite comfortable.

Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    It is for me...
    Have you ever fallen on your butt when your wallet is in your back pocket? The injury risk is my personal biggest fear. As concerns your back, it only takes once. Even if you did get in a scuffle, or slip and fall and you landed on your butt, you will most likely roll backwards. I used to live in the great, white north, and I can count several times slipping on some ice, falling and completely missing my backside and straight onto my back and head. Carrying a gun in that position is just not something I would personally do on a regular basis, albeit a carrying position that is very easily concealable and actually quite comfortable.

+1

dtalley

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Lost in BCS
    IWB around 330ish with a t-shirt tucked and a button shirt untucked unbottoned. when unable to dress that away It's a KelTec P3AT in a pocket holster back right pocket

Top Bottom