• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Revco

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    Austin
    I've got an older Ruger Mark II .22LR Pistol that I took apart to clean it and I was going to send some parts off to get refinished. Well I took it apart too far and frankly don't remember how to put it back together. I don't have the time to sit there and mess with it. I wanted to get some modifications done to it as well, but I dunno, I guess it all depends on the price. This is just a fun plinker and it's been sitting in a ziploc bag inside the case for about 2 years all taken apart. I've got plenty of others to keep me busy, so I'm in no rush to get it done. I am looking for someone in the Austin area who does amatuer gunsmithing, or a real gunsmith to put this back together, maybe do the refinishing, maybe a few little mods here and there. I just prefer that whoever does the work knows a thing or two about these Rugers and isn't going in blind.

Thanks.
    Target Sports

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    This one? You should be able to reassemble it yourself...

If not that model, check on YouTube as I am sure there's a video on how to put it back together somewhere on there.

As for the gunsmithing, there should be someone who can recommend a good one in your area. I'm just not familiar with anyone up there.

Good luck! M2

Revco

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    Austin
    Can't watch the video just yet, super slow connection, but I've saved it in my favorites folder to watch later. I appreciate it.

Not selling this little pea shooter, sentimental value. It's just a Mark II .22LR Target Model, nothing fancy, but it was the first gun my dad ever gave me, so I can't let go of it. Besides, it's so damned accurate and fun to shoot!

There was a gunsmith in San Antonio that I was going to take it to but after a hard drive crash I lost all his info that I saved. I've been trying to find him again, but haven't been able to. He was well versed in these Rugers and offered a variety of modifications like trigger jobs, scope mounts, and slab sided barrel work for them.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Try Tip Burns -
    Canyon Sporting Arms
    (830) 935-3338
    canyonsa@gvtc.com
    www.canyonsportingarms.com

Good guy...but a busy one. If you bring in a gun and then call to pester him about whether it's ready.....ya ain't gonna like the results.<G> IMO well worth ANY wait - and in my experience, the good ones are always swamped - if they ain't, they ain't as good as ya think they are, and everyone but YOU knows it!<G>

Top Bottom