• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jcb7469

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So, the urge to tinker is driving me crazy(lot of down time in afg right now). I have 2 really well built pistols (xdm40 and range officer). That i dont want to mess up.
    Does any one know where a good place to buy a busted gun for not much money would be? Im well aware that its cheaper just to buy a good gun but I want to tinker and its not smart to fix a gun till its broken beyond repair. BUT if i buy a busted one whats the worst that could happen? Obviously a tinkered with gun is not a carry gun and you have to be very vigilant with it when testing and working on it but probably safer than tinkering with a motorcycle and getting on it and finding out at 80 mph that you fd up the brakes. Anyways guidance, suggestions and general flames are much appreciated.
    Guns International

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    What kind of gun are you looking for? I have an old knock off percussion cap revolver that needs some work I will sell cheap.

I see adds on TGTrader all the time for WTB busted guns. You could post one on our classifieds also.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    And I am sure you don't want to pay transfer fees, but you can check Gunbroker. I know you can sometimes find some "gunsmith specials" on their site and maybe you can find someone selling that is close by. If you do, sometimes you just need to search "All semis" or "All revolvers" and then refine you search by price. At the very least you should see some interesting offers.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Hammer spring is broken and the barrel key is loose. Not worth much in good condition so worth less than that as is. Perfect gun to tinker with.

PM me when you get back and we can work something out.

Top Bottom