• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pbpvusa

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2015
    Plano, Tx
    I got my LTC and need to buy my carry gun. I have kind of narrowed down to shield and springfield xdm.

I was looking at the prices in Cabelas vs Shootsmart.

Shoot smart looks like a good $60 less than Cabelas. Is there any advantage to buy it in Cabelas.

Can you guys recommend me good places to buy. Also I noticed that the range I go to have used guns and are they worth it, I probably save $150 on the price.
    Guns International

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Gunbuyer.com

The advantages of buying from one bigger retailer than another is normally stock on hand. And depending on which, a somewhat lower price. Just my opinion but, Some of the smaller shops will often let you haggle a bit, where the larger stores are locked into a price. Some of the smaller shops will offer a discount on "older" merchandise just to get it gone. Where once again, most bigger stores won't. Depending on product of course. With a lot of the smaller shops and Kitchen Table dealers living on such a thin margin, almost any sale helps them stay open. Unfortunately for you though, buying local also means sales tax, where an out of state online purchase doesn't. Though it does leave you with finding a local FFL dealer and transfer fees.

Last edited:

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    If you’re in Dallas, I’ve got a great FFL in Mesquite who’s affiliated with pretty much any online retailer, and in their systems already.

He makes things super easy

LMK and I’ll shoot his info your way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Well in Coppell anyway. On one hand, you'll save on shipping, on the other hand, you'll pay sales tax.

Make sure you actually held the gun you're gonna buy in your hands at least. For that, gun shows are still a thing. Other than that, check https://gun.deals/ and do the math.

Chips n Salsa

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2017
    Plano
    I live in Plano, and most Saturdays my son and I make three gun shops- Mister Guns on 15th, Gun Gear to Go at 75, and the Gunmasters on Ave. K. I like the prices and staff at Mister Guns. Mister Guns and Gun Gear to Go carry alot of the XD line and the M&P stuff.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Grab a Gun just showed their Shield 2.0 on sale yesterday for $339.00.

Crazy gun dealer usually has some good pricing too, but they're a lot farther from you.

pbpvusa

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2015
    Plano, Tx
    Thanks guys will definitely check it out. Grabagun is only open on the weekdays, need to see if I can take a long lunch and swing by. Shield 2.0 still shows in clearance for $339, that is over $100 savings compared to Cabelas.

Thanks for the other websites, I had started looking/researching for AR's and wanted to buy one and get grandfathered in before it is banned. Some of these websites have really cool deals.

sidebite252

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma
    I too recommend grab a gun. Best prices and if you can do local pick up in DFW you’d be hard to find a better price or an easier purchase. They are good folks and I have Made more than one purchase from them.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.

hoghunting

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2014
    Since you're in Plano, I have been using Tom Hart for FFL transfers for years especially since he only charges $10 for CHL, teachers, active military and first responders. Many of the online distributors are cheaper than dealers around here and an out-of-state purchase saves sales tax.

Here's Tom's info:

Firearm Transfer Information- Buying & Selling
    The process for buying or selling a firearm online is fairly easy. After winning an auction on GunBroker, Auction Arms, making a purchase at an online gun store such as Bud’s or from a private party all you do is let me know ALL the contact information for both you and the seller. PLEASE…..do not ask seller to contact me. I’m a teacher and unable to take calls during the day. I will not process a transfer unless I receive the information directly from you.

Please, no “text” messages….email only. (text messages will be deleted without being read)

All I need for the transfer is:

Your name, phone number, email address

And

If BUYING: (Please do not have seller call me….the sellers contact information must come from you via email)

• Sellers Name
    • Address
    • Email address (IMPORTANT- FFL will be sent via email. Due to unreadable FFL’s we no longer use a fax machine)
    • Phone #
    • Auction or item #
    • Description of firearm being transferred (ex. Sig 220, Glock 17, Remington 870, etc)

When you pay seller tell them that HART SPORTS is your transfer FFL. If the seller is not a licensed dealer (does not have FFL) then I will need a copy of their driver's license (they can black out their birthdate & DL#)

***There is no need to forward tracking information to me. I’ll know your firearm has arrived when I pick it up J
    Sending me hourly or daily updates of your package is not useful and drowns me in email.

Once firearm arrives, I’ll email you to schedule a time for pickup. I’m a teacher, so I’ll usually be available AFTER 5pm Monday – Friday. Please do not plan on picking up firearms until after I have contacted you. There are occasions where I may not be available to process your transfer the same day your firearm was delivered.

When you come to pickup your firearm you'll need to complete a Form 4473 and pass the NICS background check which is done while you are here (not needed if you have a Texas CHL). You will need to bring your drivers license (+ TX CHL if applicable). If you are not a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident please contact me for additional documents you may need.
    ***Any firearm not picked up within 30 days of arrival is subject to a $5 per day storage fee UNLESS prior arrangements are made.

FEES:
    I charge $20 per firearm.
    $10 w/Texas CHL, police, fire, teacher or ACTIVE military (Active military meaning you are employed full time in the US military)
    I also discount when multiple firearms arrive in one shipment.

NFA TRANSFERS
    (machine guns, short barreled rifles, short barreled shotguns and suppressors) are $50.

If SELLING:

• If you sell a firearm you are allowed under federal law to ship it yourself.
    • When you ship out of state, you must ship only to a licensed firearms dealer (FFL).
    • Before shipping, obtain a copy of the receiving dealers Federal Firearms License.
    • Verify through the ATF EZcheck that the address on the license is valid.
    • ***Please note that many firearms dealers refuse to receive a firearm from non-dealers.
    • While anyone can ship rifles & shotguns using the US Postal Service, UPS or FedEx, only a licensed gun dealer is allowed to ship handguns via US Postal Service.
    • An individual shipping a handgun must use the overnight services of a “common carrier” such as FedEx or UPS. Typically, the cost of using USPS is less than half of what UPS/FedEx will charge. If you want to save $40-60 I will ship the handgun for you.
    • Only a licensed gun dealer (FFL) may receive a firearm shipment, so I will need a copy of the receiving dealers FFL prior to shipment. (emailed or a signed hard copy)
    • If shipping a firearm through me, please do not seal package until you get here. I must log the firearm into my bound book prior to shipment.

I charge $10 plus actual postage for shipping any firearm.

If you have any questions email or call anytime. (please, no “text” messages)

Tom Hart
    Hart Sports
    6908 Beeman Drive
    Plano, TX 75023
    (469) 223-9391

Top Bottom