• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lonestardiver

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Eagle Mountain Lake area
    Academy has a little bit...focus is on Hornady. Gibsons in Weatherford has a moderate selection. Elk Castle has a moderate selection with a pretty good selection of powder the last time I was there. Alpine shooting range has a very good selection of components and powder. I wish there was another shop like "The Reloading Bench" that used to exist in Arlington before it moved to Grand Prairie. Sad thing is it is no longer in existence. They were also a Dilllon Dealer.

Kosh75287

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2008
    Nemo
    Check Out Alpine Shooting Range on Shelby Road. Last time I checked, they were well stocked, if a little high. There's also a shop in Downtown Mesquite that should have anything you need, or they will know how to get it.

Last edited:

Bradmartin78

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 28, 2016
    Fort Worth
    After checking Academy and Elk Castle I gave up. I had to go on a service call Saturday morning in Dallas, so I headed up to Gunmaster inc in Plano. Found everything I needed and more. Way more. Too much more lol.

ed308

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    DFW
    I've found some good deals at Cabelas over the years. But, don't expect they will last with BPS acquiring them. Gunmaster in Plano is good for a LGS carrying Dillon equipment and powder.

OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    I have shopped at Gunmaster for probably 20 years. Their supply of reloading supplies varies from month to month. I prefer to buy my reloading supplies from Harry at Southwest Ammo in Mesquite. He tries to keep the most wanted items in stock and their pricing is fair.
    I much prefer to shop on-line. If you carefully shop and buy in bulk, you can get some really good deals.
    Buying in block makes the HazMat fee less painful.

Bradmartin78

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 28, 2016
    Fort Worth
    I was impressed with Gunmaster. Only having ordered Dillon parts online I was expecting a markup on the prices. I actually saved money going into the store as they charge the same as Dillon minus the $15+ for shipping. So unless I’m spending over $225, the tax will be less than the shipping. I went in to pick up a die set and walked out with a powder check, dies and some corn cob for tumbling.
    I’ll check out Southwest Ammo next time I’m in the area. While ordering online is very convenient, I’d rather take my business to a local shop.
    Thanks

ed308

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    DFW
    If you looking for a particular powder, you can tell Gunmaster and they'll put your name and number on a list. When it comes in, they'll call you. Prices aren't as good as say Powder Valley, but nice if you want to try out a powder before buying a 8 lb jug online. And if looking for Dillon parts, prices are the same.

ed308

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    DFW
    I've read were Schells in coming to The Colony in 2018, next to Nebraska Furniture Mart. They're a Dillon dealer. Hopefully they'll also stock powder, primers, bullets and brass.

Brassguy

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 15, 2017
    Wichita Falls
    I’m two hours north of Ft Worth in Wichita Falls. If your looking for powder I have a lot listed in the classifieds for about 50% of what it runs retail.

lonestardiver

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Eagle Mountain Lake area
    I went by Elk Castle last week as I hadn’t been there in a while. They USED to have a half decent selection of powder and such. They had 2 containers of powder and 3 boxes of primers....so it looks like they are out of the reloading supplies game. I also dropped by Gibsons on main street in Weatherford. They have a pretty good selection of powder and bullets. A little higher than I would normally want to pay but if you needed it now...

Bradmartin78

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 28, 2016
    Fort Worth
    I went by Elk Castle last week as I hadn’t been there in a while. They USED to have a half decent selection of powder and such. They had 2 containers of powder and 3 boxes of primers....so it looks like they are out of the reloading supplies game. I also dropped by Gibsons on main street in Weatherford. They have a pretty good selection of powder and bullets. A little higher than I would normally want to pay but if you needed it now...
    I found the same. Elk Castle is a place I’ll skip from here on out.
    Gibson’s was out of small pistol primers, but my wife loved it. It’s a neat shop.
    Murle’s Gunssmith shop in Granbury has a good selection of powder and projectiles. I was shopping for a pistol so I wasn’t looking too closely, but it’s worth a stop if you’re in the area.

Top Bottom