• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    I'm thinking about getting into reloading, but I don't know where to buy the stuff. I know I can order them or get some stuff at Bass Pro Shop. I'd just like to see it and Bass Pro isn't exactly the best of deals for anything i've bought there.

I'm in the San Antonio area. Thanks.
    Texas SOT

Rottweiler

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    Hill Country
    Powderhorn just off 410 and 90 has some supplies but not everything

Sportsmans Surplus on 1604 near 281 is just about stripped bare.

After I called to confirm they had it on hand...I drove to Cabela's in Buda to get 4 pounds of powder last week. Guy there said it was probably the last 4 pounds of that powder in Texas, I believe him. I asked if more was coming. His reply was we get what shows up on the trucks

Charley

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    San Antonio
    Sprortsman's Warehouse is about 70 to 80% out of stock now, Got a feeling they are getting out of handloading supplies. Powders are tough to get right now, buy them when you find them. Wayne Ho (HoGuns) has primers in stock, or did last time I was in. Haven't been in Nagles or Dury's in some years, mostly because everything is at list or 10 to 15% above list. Best bet is to order components online, and buy primers and powders localy. MidwayUSA, Graf and Son's, Midsouth are all good folks to deal with.

chevydeerhunter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    San Antonio
    Best bet is to order components online, and buy primers and powders localy. MidwayUSA, Graf and Son's, Midsouth are all good folks to deal with.

Even better bet is to get some buddies together and buy powder in bulk to offset the hazardous materials fee. Primers online are almost nonexistent and powder goes quickly locally.

hubiedo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    san antonio
    You can try Lone Star Loading which is just outside San Antonio in Boerne. My brother and I found them by accident and their prices are great. They have powder, primers, shotshell, shotgun supplies etc.

Glock20

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    Austin
    I asked if more was coming. His reply was we get what shows up on the trucks

For security purposes, mass retail stores won't tell you what they have coming in terms of shipment. That's one reason. The other reason is that their computer reports inventory to a central location for their company, and a logistics manager decides what to ship to each store. Individual store don't get to decide that. That's why they get what's already on the truck. I thought that was interesting to know.

Top Bottom