Where to get Sight Installed ? ( in Austin )

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by stanjones, Oct 19, 2013.

1. stanjones

stanjones Member

Aug 19, 2013
    South Austin
    I have a set of Trijocon Night Sights coming for my Kahr MK9 and i was wondering where to go to have them put on. I dont like going to McBride's because they are rude when I go in (unless you are over 50 in boots and cowboy hat), and I always feel stupid for spending money there. Anyone know anywhere else in Austinthat offers this service at a reasonable price and turnaround?
    Or, do you know of a universal sight pusher tool that wont cost me an arm and a leg?
    Or, maybe someone here locally can help me out...I will pay $.

2. bcannon87

bcannon87 Active Member

Dec 22, 2011
    East Texas
    http://www.sightpusher.com I use the gunsmith kit in my shop. Works well. $79.00. I would offer to do them for you when I come back through Austin in about a week and a half but don't know if you would be up for that.
  3. uthornfan

uthornfan New Member

Jul 27, 2013
    I have had Alan Dugger install sights on a Glock for me. He usually has a booth at the Austin gun shows where he sells and installs sights but I believe he has a shop as well. I had contacted him about installing some sights for me that I already had and I think he was only going to charge me $10-$15. You can get his contact info from his website at sprinco.com.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  4. breakingcontact

breakingcontact TGT Addict

Oct 16, 2012
    Outside Austin
    I have no beef with McBrides.

I had Scott at AGL (Round Rock) put some sights on my pistol and I was perfectly happy.

There's a guy AJ who is trying to get going in the FFL/gunsmithing/running a shop world. I need to give him some work sometime. 512-450-3535
  5. Shuutr

Shuutr Active Member

May 29, 2012
    GT distributors but on my most recent sights.

AGL will do it. So will the guy @ heritage firearms.

I've never used the guy at Reds Pflugerville, but I'm sure they'd be willing to do it.
  6. stanjones

stanjones Member

Aug 19, 2013
    South Austin
    Thanks for the suggestions guys! I will try one of the guys mentioned. And espescially thanks to bcannon87 for the offer, that is very nice thing to offer up.
  7. cmgray612

cmgray612 New Member

Mar 19, 2013
    Leander, Texas
    I'm in Leander. PM me if you haven't already got it taken care of.