• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brojon

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Austin, TX
    I just finished a 300 BLK and I need to do some load development with powders I have.
    Problem with these things is some rounds are supersonic and some subsonic.
    The goal is for both to work and cycle the gun reliably.
    That said I have some theories but I need a range where I can work up a few rounds and then try them out. Anyone know of a range where I can do this without hassle?
    Eagles Peak for example is very anal about when and where you can tote your gun, being away from the station - generally not conducive to the sort of make a few rounds, shoot a few rounds work I need to do. Not sure how they'd feel about reloading on the range. Plus setting up a Chrony there is a PITA.
    Gun Zone Deals

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    You might give Cedar Ridge a call at www.cedarridgerange.com/.

I have never been pressed for time at that range, and you run your own lane for as long as you are there.

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    I'd suggest loading up batches ahead of time and keep track of them. I doubt you're going to get the best consistency if you're trying to load out on the range for accuracy.

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    Lone Star Gun Range is pretty lax. They won't tolerate being unsafe, but other than that, they're pretty cool about letting you do what you need to do. Best bet for making sure you're not hassled (not likely, but to mitigate any chance) is to let them know what you plan on doing ahead of time. Like I said, as long as what you're doing is safe, they shouldn't have a problem with it, ESPECIALLY if it's during the week since there's not as many people versus the weekend.

Lone Star Gun Range - Central TX Protection Training Academy - Austin TX

Top Bottom