• ...and so much more!
  • deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I've seen a couple threads over the last year, and just got this email so I thought I'd share this info.

Texas has a ton (over 1 million acres) of nearly free land to hunt on. It's a cheap permit to buy. Info here:

https://tpwd.texas.gov/huntwild/hun...glands&utm_medium=email&utm_source=ly19_combo

Here's the map of available land, which can change yearly. I've hunted on some. Be sure to check the restrictions on the parcel you want to hunt on. Many have some restriction.

http://tpwd.maps.arcgis.com/apps/we...glands&utm_medium=email&utm_source=ly19_combo
    Target Sports

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Walmart is always promising for cheap in texas and while there may be a Kmart or two left in texas as well I think the very best place to find cheap in texas is the clearance rack of Dollar General.

Remember proper cammo. Beer belly hanging out of a much too small nasty t shirt and proper sent control. No bath for at least 2 weeks.

Good luck and remember, no pic means it didnt happen.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    That’s far more difficult now than in the past. Most have been burned by an idiot who comes in and damages the land, leaves gates open, brings their buddies, harms livestock, etc.

Don’t expect to knock on a door and be greeted with open arms. Better option is to start out by putting in a lot of work and sweat helping out on a property, and if your lucky you might eventually earn a deer or get to help clear out some hogs.

The ones that haven’t decided it’s not worth the trouble have probably realized they are giving away a resource for free which could instead bring them large financial gains and have adjusted accordingly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    ^^^^Very true though I managed to do it in less than one year of living in Texas. Luck? Very well could have been. I do however wrench on some old tractors and lend a hand when needed but that wasn’t part of the deal. I believe attitude goes a long long way when dealing with trying to get something that has such a value as this subject.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2018
    US

Attachments

• 20171210_103305.jpg
      20171210_103305.jpg
      2.5 MB · Views: 288
    • 20171210_105422.jpg
      20171210_105422.jpg
      710.2 KB · Views: 260
    • 20171209_154009.jpg