• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    Well, I'm pretty sure it goes on the top so save that one.

Anyway, I have an M&P-15 with the handle removed and a Primary Arms M4 sight on the rail. My question is where is the best placement - all the way forward, back, or in the middle?
    Hurley's Gold

codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    my optics are just far enough forward to fit my magnifiers to fit behind them. No hard and fast rule, middle to front, whatever you like best.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Personal preference. Me, personally, I like to place them towards the middle, basically around the front of the receiver/delta ring area. If you have a free floated rail platform inline with the upper receiver rail, I place them directly above where the barrel nut is. For me, I find a little bit farther forward is quicker to acquire, plus you have plenty of room for mounting a magnifier behind it, and on top of that I find it balances out the weight distribution on many setups (not necessarily all).

dobarker

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2010
    Sonora
    On my flat-top, the Primary Arms M-4 had to be mounted fully front to allow for the lens caps to open with the back up rear sight that I had installed on it. If you're going with no back up rear, then mount it wherever it pleases you, full forward, middle or back. But if you want a BUIS for co-witnessing (which makes a huge difference) then you're going to be a little on the forward side depending on what BUIS you go with. Example, with my YHM A-2 rear sight block, the Primary Arms M-4 had to be fully forward, but with a Matech BUIS sitting rather out of the way, the M-4 can be mounted at about 3/4 forward while still allowing full use of the BUIS.

PopsXD9sc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Longview
    My PA M4 is mounted just in front of the MagPul BUIS; think it is mounted in T8 slot. Really personal preference as has been stated. This works well for me on the M&P 15.

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    Thanks for the info y'all! I don't have a rear sight yet - the placement issue would have been more apparent if I did. I'll wind up moving it forward since a rear sight is on my Christmas list...

Top Bottom