Where to shoot-EP Far East

Discussion in 'El Paso' started by BCGlocker, Mar 8, 2015.

1. kirk10100

kirk10100 Member

Dec 21, 2011
    El Paso
    Good point about ELP being a fairly quiet place to live but i think this is slowly changing. Our last few administrations have been trying to get ELP to have more of an urban feel. The westside/downtown have a vibrant nightlife (booze) and more trendy restaurants are cropping up all over the place. Good or bad depends on ones age and perspective.
    When I get a chance I'll try to post some ELP pictures. Pretty dusty around here but not too bad looking.

2. angel71rs

angel71rs New Member

Nov 1, 2009
    El Paso
    Is this the spot, marked with the red arrow? If so, that would be really convenient as my brother lives in that area and wants to take my nephew shooting.
    [​IMG]

3. Ozzman

Ozzman Member

Aug 17, 2015
    El Paso, Texas
    That is where I go.
    For me it is the perfect place to shoot all calibers. The crater is full of targets for pistols, the hill is great for clay pigeons, and the dirt road heading out to the west is great for rifles. I have taken the time to stack tires into targets marking off the 300 and 150 yard for paper and/or steel targets. I get almost all of my brass here as it is a very popular spot for other shooters.

4. angel71rs

angel71rs New Member

Nov 1, 2009
    El Paso
    Excellent! My nephew has long expressed an interest in going shooting with his gun nut uncle, but mom has put the kabosh on it till recently. I got through to her when I said that curiosity was better scratched safely with me to show him proper firearms handling vs risk him running across a gun at a friends house or something and satisfy his curiosity the dangerous way. Thanks Ozz.

5. Moonpie

Moonpie TGT Addict Lifetime Member

Range day in El Paso? :cool:

6. Ozzman

Ozzman Member

Aug 17, 2015
    El Paso, Texas
    I am out there every Sunday morning shooting something or practicing a drill.

7. BCGlocker

BCGlocker Member

Mar 8, 2015
    El Paso, TX

I made left when the dirt road begins, I then drove about 1/2 mile and the dirt trail barely fit my car and garbage everywhere. There must be several hundreds of truck tires dumped and other garbage. I got that uncomfortable felling and turned around and came back.

8. BillRedding

BillRedding New Member

Jan 29, 2017
    El Paso, TX (Westside)
    Since the 1970s, I've always been going out to "Red Sands" way out on Montana Ave. (aka: Carlsbad Hwy).

Still do today.

Just watch out for the 4-Wheelers and ATV-ers out there also...my electronic ear muffs ("Walker Alpha 360") help locate their whereabouts as you'll likely hear them way before seeing them. ;-)

-- BR

Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
  9. Leadslinger

Leadslinger Member

Sep 26, 2010
    el paso texas
    You must have gone left wrong. Go all the way down pelicano. Bumpy dirt road comes to a fork. Go left road is big enough for three lane road. It is bumpy as well. Ruts dug out from 18 wheelers. Go past the electrical line road about a mile. You will see the white hill to the left. Yes that road is narrow but only for a couple hundred feet. The big pit has tons of junk people shoot at. Nothing to get spooked about.

10. Army 1911

Army 1911 Well-Known

Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    Beaumont is about as far east of El Paso as you can get and still stay in Texas. (sorry couldn't stop myself)