Guns International

Where To Shoot in the Desert; West Side Locations?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Catorce

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2014
    Howdy,

I'm on the west side and looking for desert access to do some plinking. Anthony Gap is a bit far.

I was told about a place "off Artcraft" but no specific directions.

Any links to specific laws? I guess no shooting in El Paso city limits but I am hesitant to read this as "shoot anywhere else".

Would this be under state or county laws regarding shooting?

Thanks,

Texas SOT

randmplumbingllc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    El Paso
    Take I-10W to Artcroft Rd. Drive on Artcroft Rd. about 9 miles, until you see a sign for the US Border Patrol Station. Turn right at this sign onto US 9. Drive 1 mile and you will see a gate under the power lines on the right, drive down this road and you will arrive at the range. The coordinates are
    31°49'37" N
    106°42'33" W

It is a pig stye since we don't go there anymore. Have not been there in over a year. Kept that place clean for 3 years, but the slobs wouldn't keep it that way.

What a shame. Use to go out, set up a bunch of targets, steel and easy up, for shade. use to make a day of it. Now it is just a dump site.

We go to Sportsmans Elite indoor range now.

Catorce

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2014
    Wow!

it's actually a very interesting geologic formation! Looks like a syncline with a fault running through it. Nothing like it nearby...

I'll have a look-see. The indoors are ok but last time a Sportsman there were some folks with LOUD rifles, un-nerving whilst contemplating a shoot.

Any others?

Thanks,

AndyF

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2015
    We shoot right off Artcraft at what is called the pit. As you start up the hill towards the airport it's on the right side right after the spot where the new houses are being built. a road with a smashed up green gate. Past that just a ways is a spot you can drive into the pit.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gilly
    Top Bottom