• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blano86

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2011
    Dallas
    Where to shoot FMJ's?

I collect old military surplus rifles and I enjoy shooting them.. Is there any BLM Land (Public Land) around the DFW area that I can shoot my surplus rifles? If anyone is interested in shootin paper with surplus in the DFW area let me know! Additionally what range allows FMJ's?

Thanks
    Blane
    DK Firearms

c_m_shooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    Paradise
    There are no free public places to shoot rifles around here. If you like military rifles, bring a few out to the Service Rifle matches out at the Parker County Sportsman club.

American ME!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    North Texas
    Re: Where to shoot FMJ's?

I collect old military surplus rifles and I enjoy shooting them.. Is there any BLM Land (Public Land) around the DFW area that I can shoot my surplus rifles? If anyone is interested in shootin paper with surplus in the DFW area let me know! Additionally what range allows FMJ's?

Thanks
    Blane
    Texas Defensive Shooting Academy does. www.tdsa.net the most awesome range in the DFW area!:patriot:

beardking

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2008

Texas Defensive Shooting Academy does. www.tdsa.net the most awesome range in the DFW area!:patriot:

Could someone post a link to a Google map that shows the actual location of this range? The map that they have on their website isn't interactive, and it's a little difficult to locate the place on a map not being familiar with the area.

Thanks in advance.

Beardking

American ME!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    North Texas

Could someone post a link to a Google map that shows the actual location of this range? The map that they have on their website isn't interactive, and it's a little difficult to locate the place on a map not being familiar with the area.

Thanks in advance.

Beardking

1456 Wolf Spring Road Ferris Tx 75125 is where Texas Defensive Shooting Academy is. Mapquest it and pull up the satellite view to see how it looks.:patriot:

American ME!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    North Texas

Thanks in advance.

Beardking

Here's a mapquest link to it. MapQuest Maps - Driving Directions - Map= :patriot:

wneubauer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2010
    McKinney, TX
    The Top Gun range near Leonard is great. 500 yard targets, fmj is ok at 100 or greater ranges, the RO was was a great guy. I will be going back there, with my surplus rifles and ammo..

haskovez

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2011
    Dallas
    What are the range fees to shoot at TDSA? Is it is a private range or is it open to the public to shoot? Any idea on how many lanes and distances for rifles and pistols? I know DFW Gun in Dallas will let me shoot FMJ .30-06 on their rifle lanes, but it is only 25 yards indoor.

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    What are the range fees to shoot at TDSA? Is it is a private range or is it open to the public to shoot? Any idea on how many lanes and distances for rifles and pistols? I know DFW Gun in Dallas will let me shoot FMJ .30-06 on their rifle lanes, but it is only 25 yards indoor.

$250/yr.

I haven't used the rifle range yet (new member) but it goes to 300 yards. There is also a "no wind" range, 100 yards I think.

BigBoss0311

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    McKinney, TX
    I like Gibsons. I go during the day when I am the only one there. The old man gives me no grief, just asks that I notify him when/if I want to change lanes or distances and if I switch rifle to pistol. Other than that he tells me just be safe. The son looks out the window alot and has a bad attitude but ignores me for the most part. No problems there so far. They even let me shoot rapid fire when I'm by myself. I can see the son getting pissy with customers if there's more than a few people there though so I can see how it got it's reviews. But if you can go during the week during the day, it's a good time.

haskovez

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2011
    Dallas
    I have never heard of Gibson Outpost, but I will go check it out as I am in east Dallas. I went all the way out to Terrell Rifle & Pistol club the other weekend to get some coaching on my rifle and for a chance to shoot at 100 yards with FMJ.

JBnTx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2010
    Mansfield, Texas
    Gibson's Outpost is a good place to shoot.
    Just pay attention and obey their rules and you'll be fine.

They have absolutely ZERO tolerance for unsafe acts and unsafe shooters,
    and they won't hesitate to correct you.

Top Bottom