• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Watchdog

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio
    Looking for advice on where to go/what to do downtown on a Friday or Saturday night. I know plenty of good restaurants in and/around the river walk but what else is there in SA besides bars and movie theatres as far as night stuff?

We are in our early and mid thirties so no Bingo and no Rave clubs. :green:

Thanks
    Lynx Defense

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    If ya like country music, then try Floore Country Store in Helotes.

If you like gourmet pizza, then try Fralo's in Leon Springs.

If you're willing to drive a bit and want an overnight romantic experience, try the Hangar Hotel up in Fredericksburg.

Those are only a few suggestions, there are tons of things you can enjoy on a "date night" in SA...

Cheers! M2

Watchdog

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio
    Thanks, the hangar hotel looks cool maybe towards the end of the month I can do that with her. I have heard of Fralo's as well but never been there.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Thanks, the hangar hotel looks cool maybe towards the end of the month I can do that with her. I have heard of Fralo's as well but never been there.

Great place!! I worked there as a teen when they first opened. It has become pretty famous now. Their pizzas and service are top notch.

kusai

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Bedford TX
    Can't recommend a place but IMHO small things that a man does means a lot to them rather than fancy places and other expensive ideas

Watchdog

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio
    Can't recommend a place but IMHO small things that a man does means a lot to them rather than fancy places and other expensive ideas

Thanks, I agree, and no worries I do this stuff all the time, send flowers, cook dinner etc. We have only lived here for a few months and we finally have a trustworthy baby-sitter so it would be nice to go out.

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    Check out the Pearl Brewery. It's a collection of restaurants, bars, and shops, as well as access to the upper part of the riverwalk that is actually attractive as opposed to commercialized. With this great weather, it's nice to walk around.

SA Justin

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 25, 2013
    I'd hit up Biga on the banks or Paesano's if you are wanting to eat on the riverwalk. There's an awesome German place in the riverwalk too if you want something more causal- sorry, the name escapes me at the moment... In a couple months you can eat then walk off come calories under the Christmas lights - the Mrs loves that.

Speaking of pizza, Fralo's is pretty good when the weather is nice and the music is good. I've been eating there since they first opened. Haven't been back much since the whole sewage contamination in their water supply incident. I know they say it's fine but still... Dough pizzeria is better anyway - it's also #1 on Urbanspoon iirc.

Otherwise, Silo, Wildfish, Ruth Chris, and, if you are really hungry, Chama Gaucha are all awesome date night restaurants.

Big Phil

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    SATX
    Scenic Loop Cafe is awesome, there is a huge patio area and if you go on a week night it's not terribly crowded.
    The food was great and for $50 my wife and I got an appetizer two awesome meals and drinks. They have a little bit of everything. That is our new go to "date night" place.
    They have all kinds if food. I had some really good grilled chicken and my wife had braised pork shank. We both got the Mac and cheese, it was amazing. I highly recommend it.

FYI it is not downtown, sorry just saw that.

Elbe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    San Antonio
    The symphony or live theater. Museums are nice and usually cheap for a daytime date. The historical sites and missions are another idea for a day date.

Top Bottom