• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sucker76

Don't let the username fool you
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 15, 2015
    Lake Jackson
    I'm in the market for a new trigger for my 6.5 Creedmoor AR. I'm interested in both single stage and 2 stage triggers but don't have hands on experience with 2 stage ones. Is there anywhere local to the greater Houston area where I can put my hands on different triggers and feel them?
    Military Camp

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    Some vendors at gun shows had triggers setup in AR frames to try. I have not seen them for a few years. Most were either single stage or rock river match or geissele triggers.

I really like my single stage 3# skeletonized Timney trigger. I think They are as close to perfection as you can get in an semiauto. The other two stage triggers don't seem to be half as nice as the two stage on my M1A national match. With the M1A there is a nice even take up maybe two pounds and a hard wall flowed by a three point glass rod break and maybe 1/10" inch reset to get you back to the wall. The AR triggers were mushy, scratchy and while better than milspec were not what I would call a target trigger. The geissele triggers all seemed to have a soft wall and a mushy break without the glass rod break of a target trigger. I might have one in a ziplock bag if your interest.

the Timney is really pretty nice and while it's expensive I think it's the best money spent on an ar followed by a match target barrel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

sucker76

Don't let the username fool you
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 15, 2015
    Lake Jackson
    I do like my Timney single stage. I just wanted to see what all the fuss was about with two stage triggers. Budget reasons will give me a good long time to try several before settling on one to buy.

For added information, this rifle will be used mostly at the range from 100-600yards and will occasionally be taken out hunting.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Can't help you on where to try.

In single stage, CMC is the best I have ever seen. A little better than the Timney I have in one rifle.

In two stage, Geissele seems to always be mentioned as the best. I am just not a fan of two stage triggers.

cajunautoxer

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 8, 2008
    Houston
    Primary Arms has 5-10 different triggers you can try. At least they did several months ago. I currently use 3 AR Gold, 2 Gieselle 3G, 2 SSA-E, and 2 JP trigger installed in lowers by JP themselves

cajunautoxer

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 8, 2008
    Houston
    I recently8 tried a buddies Elftmann 3G trigger. I may kinda like it better than all the ones i have.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

RobertTheTexan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2017
    Central Texas
    I’ve tried the SSA, well a SD-C compared it to a LaRue MBT-2S and of buy the MBT hands down. Very clean break, cleaner than the Geissele. And quite a bit cheaper. Plus it’s made in Leander.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I put a Rise Armament RA-434 single stage trigger on my 5.56 and like it so much that when I built my 300 Blackout that's what I wanted on it. If I was just going for precision shooting I probably would have gone with the two stage trigger, but I like having as little uptake as possible.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom