• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mclarenross

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Here's mine.

img0636.jpg

Not exactly the same type of diesel this thread is about, but it is what it is.
    Ive always thought it would be cool as hell to have a Diesel Bug or Jetta and turn it up and make it roll coal like my truck. It would be cool to black out an intersection with a VW!!

phatcyclist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Ive always thought it would be cool as hell to have a Diesel Bug or Jetta and turn it up and make it roll coal like my truck. It would be cool to black out an intersection with a VW!!

It can be done. Mine has about 227K miles on it and it's doing well. I need to replace a few things related to the suspension and drain and refill the transmission but after that it should be solid for a while. I got a hell of a deal on it and it averages 46-47MPG so it's pretty neat as a vehicle.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    I was told that Ford owned them by guy at a Big Truck Dealer/Shop who services Cummins. He could have been wrong though.

That story has been going around for 10+ years. You can also get yellow motors in the 450-550's, but they don't own Cat either.

Cummins does or did have an FAQ on their site about it. It's been several years since I've seen it, and it appears part of their site it down right now so I don't know if it's still there.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    Well if they did, why the heck would ford not have a cummins engine in their trucks?

Because they'd put every manufacture of light duty diesel trucks out of business. There would be a chorus of kumbaya heard around the world with Ford and Dodge truck owners arm in arm signing in harmony!

mclarenross

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That story has been going around for 10+ years. You can also get yellow motors in the 450-550's, but they don't own Cat either.

Cummins does or did have an FAQ on their site about it. It's been several years since I've seen it, and it appears part of their site it down right now so I don't know if it's still there.
    Well crap. I feel like a dumbass now. Thanks for clearing it up though.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    Since we're on diesels and the Cummins issue came up and I brought up Cat.......

Here's a guy that moved here from California almost 2 years ago. I first saw it at Home Depot in Dec. of 2007. He still has it and I see him every now and then.

The coolest thing was looking up under the front fender and seeing YELLOW.

(BTW, I really wanted to see the trailer he towed with that receiver/ball. )

Attachments

• M01A0050.JPG
      M01A0050.JPG
      79.3 KB · Views: 199
    • M01A0047.JPG
      M01A0047.JPG
      23.4 KB · Views: 191
    • M01A0044.JPG
      M01A0044.JPG
      22.5 KB · Views: 177
    • M01A0048.JPG
      M01A0048.JPG
      20.1 KB · Views: 175

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    Here's some pics of my wife's F-250. It's too hot and I'm too lazy to go take pics of the F-350 and E-350. However, can you see my silver baby in the background.

68217989.gif

e8f4d4fd.gif

6bf48a66.gif

cc90f668.gif

a028a240.gif

e6e564f5.gif

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    He removed the wastegate? Without a wastegate, the exhaust will simply bypass the turbine. You wouldn't have boost. He probably removed the actuator for the wastegate (forget what it's called exactly), so it's closed all the time.

It's not something I'd reccomend since there won't be any way to regulate the pressure coming from the turbo.

Top Bottom