• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mclarenross

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Who all has a Diesel here?

Here is my 2004.5 Cummins 4x4 with 4" Superlift on 35s. Got a good number of performance stuff too.
    l_07b6751676fa4b859d753ba931bfaa8f.png

Here is my best friends truck. 2006 Cummins Mega with 6" Superlift on 37s. Lotta performance stuff on it too.
    l_0c23a6d4c81c0bc61af232ca677262bb.png
    ARJ Defense ad

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    These days I don't get to play with my truck as much as I want to. Certainly not to the extent of my old Chevrolet.

'06 w/leveling kit Aero4040xl 285/70 TerraGrapplers and upgraded steering

mykhakitruck.gif

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Here is my 2004.5 Cummins 4x4 with 4" Superlift on 35s. Got a good number of performance stuff too.

Um, excuse me, but do I detect a little bit of GM product on that Dodge? ;)

The Megacab looks good sitting on those Rockstars and Mud Grapplers.

No diesel here, but currently shopping for one...more than likely going to be a Ford.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    The Hummer wheels. What's the appeal with them on the Dadges anyway?

Good eye, Monica! I think it's more the fact that the OEM H2 wheels are a dime a dozen on the used market, which makes them a quick, cheap upgrade from stock steel wheels on HD Dodges and GM trucks. When I put aftermarket wheels on my H2, my stock wheels sold within minutes of posting an online ad...to a guy with a D2500. It's weird how the 8-lug Dodge and GM wheels share the same bolt pattern, but not Ford.

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    Two Dodge Cummmins diesels out in front. An '01 with 109k miles I put on it, 20-23 mpg, 4 door extended bed, stills runs like a champ, took out the chip that made it hit 111mph, sure could pass the Elmer Fudds, though.

Old rough looking '92 that had 277k miles on the broken odometer, went on a note and had to take it and pay for it, Runs strong, not an oil drinker, can pull a car hauler trailer with "some" scrap iron at 75mph. An old dependable keeper for a while. Tool it over 3 or 4 years ago, mileage not ??? .

ducksps

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Austin, Houston
    I've got two oil burners.

1. 1973 Land Rover 109 upgraded to mid eighties spec with a 2.5 turbo diesel

2. one of the daily drivers is a Jeep Liberty with a 2.8 VM diesel. These were a limited run truck and not many folks know they were made.

Love em both and even have a diesel generator for when the lights go out.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    and look who hasn't been bailed out....

Nothing to do with the bolt pattern, but everything to do with why I am going with Ford.

As for the 7.3, I thought I'd struck gold yesterday when I came across a 2001 F350 crewcab 4x4 shortbed with 14k miles on it. Yes, fourteen thousand. The pics online showed the truck to be in mint condition. The phone call broke my heart...the dealership had already sold it.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    '04 Excursion here. I'm running a not-so-much-smoke tune lately. Trying to do my part to be green.

Actually have more power in the boat than the PSD.

2327654309_417ac36132_o.jpg

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    Nothing to do with the bolt pattern, but everything to do with why I am going with Ford.

As for the 7.3, I thought I'd struck gold yesterday when I came across a 2001 F350 crewcab 4x4 shortbed with 14k miles on it. Yes, fourteen thousand. The pics online showed the truck to be in mint condition. The phone call broke my heart...the dealership had already sold it.

Dang .. how much were they asking?

I have 3 powerstrokes, F-250, F-350, and E-350.

Have had some decent luck although I recently had to rebuild my front end, fuel tank/sending unit/fuel pump on the van all within a month :mad:.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Ohh I thought I'd throw up my ride from Japan.

The engine's a 3.1TD (4JG2)

'96 Isuzu Wizard 4x4 - this was a neat baby diesel

th_IsuzuWizard.gif

whit128

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    Central Texas, Williamson County
    The Hummer wheels. What's the appeal with them on the Dadges anyway?

Hummer wheels are forged aluminum (stronger), the Dodge wheels are cast aluminum except for those on the Power Wagon which are also forged.

I have have a 2003 Dodge 4x4 Cummins with Edge EZ, can't beat the Cummins engine but the rest is a pain. Ford ever gets that engine and they have my business.

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    My 12 valve dodge w250 is somewhere in this state. I still cant find one.
    I dont think ford will drop their international diesel power plant. Only if Chrysler goes completely out. Ive heard that cummins wants to buy the dodge ram line and make their truck line if that should happen.

mclarenross

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That and its a 9" wide wheel so you can go with a 13.5" wide tire. I got mine with the factory H2 tires for $500 and sold my OE Dodge wheels for $500 so I came out clean on that. That and Im not really concerned with looks as much as workhorse. My truck has been washed 2 times since I bought it and both times were to get the salt from the beach off it after fishin.

I hear you about the engine and the truck man. If I could get a Ford interior and build quality with the Dodge exterior and Cummins engine with a 6-Speed manual I would nut myself. Funny thing is that Ford owns Cummins. You can get a Cummins in their F450-F650 trucks.

You know I looked for a 12 Valve before I bought this truck and couldnt find a single one for sale. Damn things are like gold.

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    That and its a 9" wide wheel so you can go with a 13.5" wide tire. I got mine with the factory H2 tires for $500 and sold my OE Dodge wheels for $500 so I came out clean on that. That and Im not really concerned with looks as much as workhorse. My truck has been washed 2 times since I bought it and both times were to get the salt from the beach off it after fishin.

I hear you about the engine and the truck man. If I could get a Ford interior and build quality with the Dodge exterior and Cummins engine with a 6-Speed manual I would nut myself. Funny thing is that Ford owns Cummins. You can get a Cummins in their F450-F650 trucks.
    You know I looked for a 12 Valve before I bought this truck and couldnt find a single one for sale. Damn things are like gold.

Ford may own stock in cummins, but Cummins owns Cummins. Dodge has a contract with Cummins since 89'. Ford might have owned a big portion in the past for their hd flat bed trucks but, not anymore. International Harvester makes all the Ford diesel engines for 2003 and up. I have heard for $10,000 more you can order a cummins in a Ford.
    I will never own a ford. I have had bad experiences with fuel injection, and electronics. Correct me if im wrong but, thats what my Cummins buddy told me.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    I always wanted a Chevy interior on Dodge suspension with the Cummins and the Allison tranny.

What's so hard about that?

I won't ever buy a Ford either. And if you see that I did, call the authorities. I'm being held hostage under some real bad conditions

mclarenross

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ford may own stock in cummins, but Cummins owns Cummins. Dodge has a contract with Cummins since 89'. Ford might have owned a big portion in the past for their hd flat bed trucks but, not anymore. International Harvester makes all the Ford diesel engines for 2003 and up. I have heard for $10,000 more you can order a cummins in a Ford.
    I will never own a ford. I have had bad experiences with fuel injection, and electronics. Correct me if im wrong but, thats what my Cummins buddy told me.
    I was told that Ford owned them by guy at a Big Truck Dealer/Shop who services Cummins. He could have been wrong though.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom