• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • txgolfer45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2009
    Dallas
    I went through a similar decision process and chose a Springfield TRP and reloading equipment. I have an STI Trojan 9mm for competition. The TRP has an excellent reputation and can be upgraded later at the Springfield Custom Shop to a Springfield Professional. I like that flexibility.

Choosing between the two listed, you can't go wrong either way. The LB will likely have a tighter slide/frame fit. I almost bought an Ed Brown Special Forces this week but opted for the SA TRP instead.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Both of those are pretty darn good 1911's. Give the choice, of the twoI think I'd go for the Brown. A Wilson wouldn't piss me off either LOL

FWIW, I'm pretty sure I'll be getting a 2010 Dan Wesson Valor once they've been out a little, and the street price is established. Quality and feature wise those are pretty close to the higher priced 1911's especially this year's with all forged frames, and bar stock machined fire control parts.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2008
    Saginaw
    Well I handload so 45's not a problem for me. But with the mentioning of Dan Wesson their 10mm sounds oh so tempting now.:banghead: But I have a SA TRP which I love cant wait for it to get back from the custom shop! Well now Ill just wait and see what comes across thanks for all the help!

And I also apologize for the double post sorry guys...

Maxpower

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Both of those are pretty darn good 1911's. Give the choice, of the twoI think I'd go for the Brown. A Wilson wouldn't piss me off either LOL

FWIW, I'm pretty sure I'll be getting a 2010 Dan Wesson Valor once they've been out a little, and the street price is established. Quality and feature wise those are pretty close to the higher priced 1911's especially this year's with all forged frames, and bar stock machined fire control parts.

same here, I am looking to pick up a SS VBOB later in the year

Top Bottom