• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    The great thing about buying a 10/22 is, if you just can't stand it, you can resell it almost anywhere, and it will hold most of its value.

If you just want the cash out of your gift cards, PM me and we might be able to work something out.
    Venture Surplus ad

sb47

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2013
    Consider what it will be used for.
    If you plan to hunt with it most of the time, consider the .17
    For target and just plinking, .22

Next consideration, single or semi auto, pistol or rifle?

Remember, the faster you can shoot it, the faster you tend to shoot a lot of ammo.

Also remember, you only spend money on the gun once, but you’ll be buying ammo every time you shoot it.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    My friend Bonnie & I competed with Marlin 917V 17HMR rifles at 200 yards for a long time. The rifles had $30 Tasco scopes on them and both of us shot High Master scores at 200 yards. The 17HMR got me the only perfect score 500/500 I ever shot and I got a 499/500 too. Bonnie always shot around 495/500 with her rifle at 200 yards. She also got a 499/500.

Our friend Adam wanted to try my rifle so he dropped to prone with my bipod and fired an "X" at 200 yards......his first shot ever! The rifles will shoot!

The poly point bullets will out perform the hollowpoints.

The down side is that a .17HMR barrel when new will copper foul. When accuracy degrades, you need a good set of cleaning equipment. Plan on spending $50 on cleaning goodies. Cleaned properly, accuracy will perk right up.

Academy Baytown had .17HMR ammo even during the worst of the last crunch.

The correct/best answer to your question is....buy both the .22 and the .17!

Flash

Top Bottom