Which Benchmade for EDC?

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
Oct 16, 2012
Indianapolis
[h=2]Im looking to buy a quality knife such as a Benchmade. Way too many options out there. What do you prefer and why?[/h]

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
Mar 23, 2011
Dallas
I have the Benchmade Mini-Griptillian and the Benchmade 530.

I find myself carrying the 530 more due to its thin profile. It's a great EDC knife for me.

I like both knives though.

SIG_Fiend

Administrator
TGT Supporter
Admin
Feb 21, 2008
Austin, TX
The 530 is pretty cool and insanely lightweight. I had one for a little while. On the flip side, it is a THIN blade, and I have some serious doubt whether it could take much abuse at all.

Brains

Hey! Relax!
Apr 9, 2013
Spring
Wife just got me a mini griptilian as well, I feel it locks up great. Nice and tight. We'll see how it holds up over the years, but for day one I'm liking it a lot.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
Mar 23, 2011
Dallas
Does that mini grip lock up tightly when open?
Yes.

The 530 is pretty cool and insanely lightweight. I had one for a little while. On the flip side, it is a THIN blade, and I have some serious doubt whether it could take much abuse at all.
It works just fine for what I use it for: EDC. I'm not batoning wood with it or trying to stab people to death.

TXDARKHORSE361

May 15, 2012
I love my mini griptillian, about due for a sharpening though I don't baby it at all and it's held up to some abuse.

Koinonia

Well-Known
Sep 10, 2012
San Antonio
I carry the Adamas Folder every day that i can! Hefty, but its great! Going on a year now, and haven't felt the need to replace it.

Primary

TexasGunTalk Assistant
Here are some related products that TexasGunTalk members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TexasGunTalk’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TexasGunTalk discussions about these products.

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Shroud

Forum statistics

Threads
Members