• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • O.S.O.K. 1961

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2018
    SATX Northwest Quadrant
    Good to look at but that's as far as I go with that.
    Look at? Hell no - I'd ride that baby. Otherwise, what's the point?

If you're thinking it's not fast, etc. - that's not my thing anyway. I have a Yamaha Bolt and while it's plenty zippy, it's a cruiser with a good sized v-twin that's perfect for... well cruising. Not splitting lanes and going 70 MPH though town or 150 on the highway.
    Military Camp

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    For those not aware, this is the MV exhaust.

f55ef5cdce4be5297479829f05e88917.jpg

It makes beautiful, unique music.

ekim

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2018
    ky
    Look at? Hell no - I'd ride that baby. Otherwise, what's the point?

If you're thinking it's not fast, etc. - that's not my thing anyway. I have a Yamaha Bolt and while it's plenty zippy, it's a cruiser with a good sized v-twin that's perfect for... well cruising. Not splitting lanes and going 70 MPH though town or 150 on the highway.

I've ridden several HD's and that my point, why bother. Ride what you like, I will also.

knormal

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2017
    New Braunfels, TX
    I have a 1991 ST1100 that I've owned since new, it's been off the road for several years but I hope to get it back one of these days.

I test rode a ST1300 in Germany when they first came out in 2002, and to be honest I think Honda went in the wrong direction with it. They made it more sporty which detracted from the touring aspects the original was so good at. Rumor was that the 1100 was designed in Germany, which made it so good; but the replacement was a Japanese initiative which is what caused it to lose its "soul." I didn't care for it, and still don't; I'd take a 1100 over one any day of the week!

VFRs have always been great bikes, especially back to the days when they were called Interceptors!

A friend of mine here in New Braunfels has two ST1100s, and a goldwing. There's a lot of stuff on them, but nothing very difficult. Pulling the tank to clean it isn't hard, and the carbs take some time/effort, but it's fairly straightforward. And a lot of folks remove the vacuum operated fuel shutoff valve. Are you on ST-Owners.com ?

Top Bottom