• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ekim

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2018
    ky
    I almost bought a 1985 CB 1100 no fairing or unneeded add on's. Still don't know why I didn't get it back in the mid 90's but backed out. My bad. Price was why I would guess. I really like that bike.
    Gun Zone Deals

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I almost bought a 1985 CB 1100 no fairing or unneeded add on's. Still don't know why I didn't get it back in the mid 90's but backed out. My bad. Price was why I would guess. I really like that bike.

Two words, Fuel injection. Modern bikes completely blow away the older stuff.

You can buy that bike today. This time it's modern engineering. This is a 2017 CB 1100 EX

2017-Honda-CB1100-EX-First-Look-Preview-vintage-motorcycle-7.jpg

ekim

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2018
    ky

You can buy that bike today. This time it's modern engineering. This is a 2017 CB 1100 EX

View attachment 154493
    Nice but the one I am talking about has exposed frame around the engine, like naked look, dual front disc brakes and sleeker tank, black exhaust and painted body parts. And plenty fast enough for me.

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013

View attachment 154493

I had a 14 for awhile. I didn't like how it rode so I traded for a new 14 VFR800. I almost got the CB1000R but found a deal on the BMW instead. The V4 growl on the Viffer is awesome.

O.S.O.K. 1961

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2018
    SATX Northwest Quadrant
    Well, I own a 2014 Yam Bolt and really enjoy it. So, for the other bikes, I'd want a cruiser for longer rides - like an Indian Chief Dark Horse with bags and an abbreviated shield. And then I think I'd get a Yam TW200 for a duel sport - owned one before and miss it. I know it's a budget bike but I like the simplicity of them and the fat tires. If Yamaha would make one with a kick start, it'd be perfect. Kind of a SHTF bike.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I had a 14 for awhile. I didn't like how it rode so I traded for a new 14 VFR800. I almost got the CB1000R but found a deal on the BMW instead. The V4 growl on the Viffer is awesome.

One day Ill get a bike that has the one sided swing arm. You don't have to mess with the chain besides cleaning and lube. You can pull the back tire off with one big nut.

All the 1000cc bikes have the high dollar parts. I have the CB650F. The CB1000R has more bells and whistles. Bigger gauges, better adjustable suspension. Lots more money too.

All I'd want is the fancy swing arm. I think the one sided is wicked stuff.

pro-series-motorcycle-single-sided-swingarm-stand-10.jpg

Lost Spurs

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    BCS
    I would have to multi quote to do all the agreeing in this thread. I am currently rocking a CB1000R. Hits the single sided swing arm box, liter bike box and loads of fun box. Just about to roll 10,000 miles on it. It was only ever a placeholder until I get myself an adventure bike. I have my heart set on an African Twin.

I was just at the dealer last week checking them out again. They also have a brand new CB1000R. It looks really good also.

I would love a supersport but I have no reason to own such a machine. My back probably couldn't take it anyhow.

In reality I will have to buy a minivan to haul all my kids around before I get my next scooter.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

ekim

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2018
    ky
    I give up. Been trying to up load a pic of my 750 Honda cafe racer for 1 hour and to much BS. Guess I'm just to dumb any more for the newer internet stuff.

TheEnglishman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2016
    Norton F1. Grew up watching the British Superbikes series in the late 80s/90s and this bike in the JPS colours was just amazing.

ekim

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2018
    ky
    RIGHT.jpg

My 1978K 750 Honda. I redid it in 6 weeks from this...

753.jpg

I removed 55 lbs, changed the rear sprocket and assorted parts
    to a cafe racer style. Took it to Beach Bend Drag strip and ran a 99.6
    mph and 13.006 in the quarter. I took the tack off so I wasn't shifting at peak rpms.
    The gear shift assy. and rear brake lever are off a 2002 Honda crotch rocket.

Wife gave me an idea that was to easy to work, guess what it worked, can't tell her that though.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom