• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    That is sharp.

Mr Dave,

I was being overly negative about the dealers here. It doesn't matter where you go.

The big dealer here is Killeen Motor Sports. They carry honda, Suzuki, Triumph, KTM. I beat the living hell out of the salesman. Walked out after telling them, in so many words, phuck you guys. Then I went back. Basturds... but they gotta make some money.

The Kawasaki and Yamaha dealer is east of Killeen Motor Sports on the excess road. I don't know the name but I know the sign. You pass it before the other. It's laid back. You won't see a salesman until either you or they ask. You can sit on all kinds of stuff. Except the H2. It's on a podium. They got jet skis. Nice ones too.

Give Killeen a try.

Davetex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Greers Ferry Lake
    Thanks guys, I've bought from Central Texas Power Sports in Georgetown, and I guess they were just OK. The service dept there is pretty good.

Woods has had a crappy reputation for a long time and I thought they were turning things around. I now think otherwise. The sales mngr and I started out so far apart, there was no way we were ever going to meet in the middle and agree on a deal. Not to mention he was playing numbers games and thought I wouldn't notice.

Other than that, I'm not familiar with any of the other dealers in the area. And as far as brands, I guess I'm a Honda fan for now anyway.

Davetex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Greers Ferry Lake
    I learned that this thing is coming soon from Yamaha........a Niken.....

?u=https%3A%2F%2Fimg.newatlas.com%2F2018-yamaha-niken-3-wheeler-3.jpg

%2Fuploads%2F2017%2F11%2F2018-yamaha-viken-three-wheeler-lean-motorcycle-first-look-fast-facts-9.jpg

Not sure why, I bet it's expensive.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I learned that this thing is coming soon from Yamaha........a Niken.....

View attachment 155250

View attachment 155251

Not sure why, I bet it's expensive.

$15,000.

It's a gimmick to sale a bike. The two wheels up front do nothing but add another tire. Maybe more grip to the front end. Other then that. It's a Yamaha touring bike with three wheels.

The front suspension doesn't hold the bike up. It is rode and treated like a two wheel bike. It actually has less of a lean angle then a 2 wheel. The front suspension has a limit to how much it can be articulated.

The design doesn't do $hit except look sexy as hell. I want one but don't know about $5000 for the extra wheel. I'd still buy it....I'm kidding myself.

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    I've had a dozen bikes float through my garage over the last few years, searching for THE combo.

vTX1800 cruiser was fun for tooling around, but hated the 100 mile range.

Had 3 Vstroms ... a650 & two 1000s. Àlways felt very heavy .

Had a Kawasaki Voyager .... Never really rode it for what it was designed to do ... Tour. It was a huge bike.

Ive been through a BMW stage, having oil head 1200s ... A GS and an RT. Expensive to buy and maintain. Sold both to fund a KTM 1290 SA. Always leaves me with a grin. Bought new 15 months ago and have logged 18k trouble free miles.

I'm on my 4th XR650 now. Sold 3 to fund a KTM 500 EXC. only logged about 10 hrs on it, but really like its manners. Leaving for a week at Big Bend in a couple weeks.

Finally, I've been refurbish a CB750F SS. It's a survivor.

On the horizon is a Goldwing. Want to buy a reliable used wing, ride it to Seattle to visit my daughter and return home via the black hills.

So what would I buy if money were no object?
    Very happy with my KTM purchases

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DD130

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2017
    Devil's Backbone
    ...Ive been through a BMW stage, having oil head 1200s ... A GS and an RT. Expensive to buy and maintain. Sold both to fund a KTM 1290 SA. Always leaves me with a grin. Bought new 15 months ago and have logged 18k trouble free miles....
    I sold my Ducati and bought a 950 Adventure S. Rode the snot out of that thing. Had some of the best motorcycle miles of my life on that beast (I'm all of 5' 10", the S is a tallll bike).

Got it stuck in a riverbed once.. got stranded in snow on an island off Canada, bikes on ice without spikes are... "exciting" LOL.

Sever years later, I heard the siren song of Ducati again... sold the KTM and bought a 1098 new in '08, and turned it into a sport-touring machine. :)

IMG_0368_v2.jpg

I still have this bike, but it was totalled when it fell over (yes.. you read that right).

rebuild-01.jpg

Bought this to ride in the mean time... but it's sat all summer because of some back issues.. now it needs a new battery. Gotta get these machines road worthy again.

IMG_4277.JPG

ekim

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2018
    ky
    I sold my Ducati and bought a 950 Adventure S. Rode the snot out of that thing. Had some of the best motorcycle miles of my life on that beast (I'm all of 5' 10", the S is a tallll bike).

Got it stuck in a riverbed once.. got stranded in snow on an island off Canada, bikes on ice without spikes are... "exciting" LOL.

Sever years later, I heard the siren song of Ducati again... sold the KTM and bought a 1098 new in '08, and turned it into a sport-touring machine. :)

View attachment 158031

I still have this bike, but it was totalled when it fell over (yes.. you read that right).

View attachment 158032

Bought this to ride in the mean time... but it's sat all summer because of some back issues.. now it needs a new battery. Gotta get these machines road worthy again.

View attachment 158033

Love the Aprilia, but how do you get that much damage on a bike that just fell over. Was the fall over a small cliff?

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Love the Aprilia, but how do you get that much damage on a bike that just fell over. Was the fall over a small cliff?
    I had a 01 Sprint ST (great bike) parked in DBU lot for a Christmas show. We are donning are gear to leave and car backed right into it, knocking it over. Insurance totaled it and this was 2007? Easier/cheaper to total it than replace plastic. I am gurssing Duc was same way. Sliders ride on the VFR and even my naked F800R now.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

knormal

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2017
    New Braunfels, TX
    For sport bikes, the MV Augusta F3 800 is my wish list equivalent of a Ferrari. More realistically, I'd probably replace my '95 Honda ST1100 (89,000 miles so far) with a ST1300 - such great bikes. Oh, and that reminds me, my practical wishlist sportbike is the VFR800. ;) I like old Hondas.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    More realistically, I'd probably replace my '95 Honda ST1100 (89,000 miles so far) with a ST1300 - such great bikes.

I have a 1991 ST1100 that I've owned since new, it's been off the road for several years but I hope to get it back one of these days.

I test rode a ST1300 in Germany when they first came out in 2002, and to be honest I think Honda went in the wrong direction with it. They made it more sporty which detracted from the touring aspects the original was so good at. Rumor was that the 1100 was designed in Germany, which made it so good; but the replacement was a Japanese initiative which is what caused it to lose its "soul." I didn't care for it, and still don't; I'd take a 1100 over one any day of the week!
    Oh, and that reminds me, my practical wishlist sportbike is the VFR800. ;) I like old Hondas.

VFRs have always been great bikes, especially back to the days when they were called Interceptors!

DD130

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2017
    Devil's Backbone
    The swingarm got a ding, and the CA gas stained the gas tank while it was on it's side, 2 left side fairings were damaged and one of the clipons. Labor to deal with the rear swingarm and cost of the gas tank, with the other relatively minor items put the repair cost at $10,300 (and some change). I'd parked it on flat asphalt on a cool day at the home we rented. The asphalt was not properly laid by the homeowner and the kickstand punched though. That's all it took. I did buy the bike from the insurance company for not a lot of money and have set to ordering replacement parts, got some new forged racing wheels, some CF parts, solid tail, Ohlins suspension.. lots of upgrades, including a speed shifter. Had one o an RSV4 track bike.. holding the throttle wide open and banging gears is pretty intoxicating. :D

The Ape is a good solid bike, nice sounds from the 60-degree V twin. :D

Top Bottom