• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    So which one do you insist is better, and why?

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau
    I don't know which is "better" anymore than you do (unless you've done intensive research on all of them). They apparently are your favorite, so be it. But to make a blanket statement that "all others are inferior" is nebulous!

Gummi Bear

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2015
    Arlington
    No more nebulous than saying that they aren’t, with no supporting argument.

Positive attributes:

*clamp, rather than set screw engagement to the die, so there is no damage

* a large, positive wrench surface, and when using the Hornady wrench, no opportunity for slipping

* an increased surface where the nut makes contact with the press, leading to a reliable engagement, and they do not loosen, no matter

I’ve had each of the others I listed above, loosen up after some time on my press.

I came to this conclusion from years of experience; reloading, fabricating, and working on things. Learning what makes a fastener effective

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond

t-astragal

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2015
    College Station
    My vote- RCBS sizer decapper. Because the pins are cheap and break before the stem bends. Next Lee universal expander with NOE .455 expander plug. Because I shoot softer lead and the factory expanders don’t open the mouth enough, turning the brass case into a bullet swaging device. (Undersized lead doesn’t work too good). Next Hornady seating die set to contact the shoulders of my SWC not the nose. These just work better due to the extra sleeves that straighten the bullet before it gets seated. Then I think my last die is an RCBS crimp. Set it to just correct the bell.

Loading Brazos Bullet Company 200 swc Hi-Tec coated tips over 4.0 gr of bullseye will yield 1 1/2” or less groups at 50 yards using these techniques.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    My vote- RCBS sizer decapper. Because the pins are cheap and break before the stem bends. Next Lee universal expander with NOE .455 expander plug. Because I shoot softer lead and the factory expanders don’t open the mouth enough, turning the brass case into a bullet swaging device. (Undersized lead doesn’t work too good). Next Hornady seating die set to contact the shoulders of my SWC not the nose. These just work better due to the extra sleeves that straighten the bullet before it gets seated. Then I think my last die is an RCBS crimp. Set it to just correct the bell.

Loading Brazos Bullet Company 200 swc Hi-Tec coated tips over 4.0 gr of bullseye will yield 1 1/2” or less groups at 50 yards using these techniques.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's a custom seating plug for the Dillon seating dies that indexes on the shoulder of SWC bullets. I love the damn thing. I can load any SWC bullet in .45 ACP and not have to change my depth setting.

just country

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2019
    Texas
    morning, the rcbs match set comes with a carbon
    sizing die. makes resizing cases much easier.
    if I can find a used set of match dies. I
    will buy them. expensive but worth the
    price. justme gbot tum

Top Bottom