• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Deuce Coupe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    Livingston
    I have a Glock 19 and will use for carry. I know there has been all kind of holster comments but want to hear from the Glock guys.

I travel in my Vette a couple of hours each way when doing work in Houston, what holster have you found that works best, in the car and walking through the streets and parking garages and general everyday use?

Thanks,

Pete
    DK Firearms

TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    I got this fantastic holster through a guy here, IWB leather. Not sure if you're a big guy, small guy whatver. I'm a big guy and it's comfortable for me at 3-4 O'clock position. A lady on here goes by "Shorts" makes holsters and belts and from what I've heard from everyone who has one they are damn good and good prices.

I got to find a way to replace a snap on mine, but other than that I can wear for hours very comfortable. You will hear lots of opinions, you may find a holster alot of people like but you may not. You will probably over time acquire a collection of holsters.

Good luck and I hope I was of some help.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    for IWB, I love my com-tac minatour. Very comfortable, you can buy different sleeves for different guns.

Probably not the best for prolonged car travel. You really need a different method, maybe a cross draw holster IMHO.

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    I carry my 23 in a Comp-Tac Infidel, this is an IWB with several different options, tuckable, standard IWB, belt loops.... The thing I like about it versus my Minotaur is it is easy on, easy off as I am in and out of High Schools on a regular basis....

randyc74

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Northern Illinois
    Since, I build holsters for a living I have my choice of several different holsters for concealed carry. Holster selection is a very individual choice. You will probable need to experment with different holsters and modes of carry to find what's best for you. What works for some, doesn't work for everybody. For my own purposes, I carry my Glock 23 in my version of a Summer Special IWB just behind my hip.
    Good Luck!
    Randy

DRod

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    I go with the Crossbreed Supertuck. Since Im waiting on my CHL plastic, I can only car carry and it carries well in my Silverado.
    Having buckets, im sure, in your Vette, you might run into some comfort issues if you a thicker fella.

gladi8r

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Troy Tx
    Threat solutions UCR I love it and have wore it for 2 years now and not a problem wear it all day every day. Also a ntac holster for my g19 with the tlr 1

Cuttngranite

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Hill Country of Texas
    The lady that goes by "Shorts" makes a great IWB called the Bodhi which is comfortable and easy to conceal. I have one for a 1911 and one for a M&P9 and am waiting for my G19 holster now. You can see her work at Monica Kuehn Leather. She also makes a good gun belt to go with the holsters.

Rovega

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Centex
    I usually carry my G-19 in a crossbreed ST, but when I get in my car/ truck I take the gun out and put it between the seat and center console with a kydex trigger guard. Then when I arrive to my destination I re-holster and go on about my day.

Two good reasons I think this is the best way to do it is, (1) it's more comfortable, especially in a small car ( I own a 2000 Camaro SS). (2) if you need to draw while sitting down, the seatbelt will be in your way and make it hard to draw fast.

The only con from doing this is that when you re-holster someone may see you. I had an old woman see me once, and all I did was smile and wave. ;)

RickLovesBacon

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Austin
    I'm a big guy and I carry a g19 with the galco tuck and go. It works very well in the 4 clock position. I do have to admit I print a little but no one will ever pay enough attention to notice.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    I switch between my Phantom Modular from Raven Concealment Systems, my Crossbreed Supertuck, and an old Fobus Paddle (the ones built like a tank and not the new flimsy ones). I loved my Crossbreed Supertuck but it's come down with a case of "the squeaks" so I use it less and less often. The Phantom Modular is awesome and holds the pistol close against my body but it's not comfortable unless you wear an undershirt. My Fobus is always comfortable (undershirt or not) but the pistol sticks out from the body so very loose overclothing is a must.

dalto

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2010
    Austin
    Putting aside the resurrection of an ancient thread my favorite holster for IWB is the Crossbreed Supertuck as others have pointed out. I also have CompTac MTAC which is nice but I find the CBST provides more support as the clips are spread further apart.

For OWB carry I like the Phantom from Raven Concealment. It stays very close to the body and makes concealment practical. That being said, I am rarely dressed appropriately for OWB.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Raven Concealment Vanguard 2. Will probably be looking at the G-code INCOG soon too. At least to try it.

I switch between my Phantom Modular from Raven Concealment Systems, my Crossbreed Supertuck, and an old Fobus Paddle (the ones built like a tank and not the new flimsy ones). I loved my Crossbreed Supertuck but it's come down with a case of "the squeaks" so I use it less and less often. The Phantom Modular is awesome and holds the pistol close against my body but it's not comfortable unless you wear an undershirt. My Fobus is always comfortable (undershirt or not) but the pistol sticks out from the body so very loose overclothing is a must.

Had that issue when I had mine. I used some leather lotion conditioner stuff my roommate had for boots. That seemed to fix it.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    The idea behind the INCOG is neat as a modular position holster, but it looks horrible as a AIWB holster.

What makes you say that? It looks legitimate to me. I've never carried with a traditional holster AIWB style, so I am somewhat apprehensive, but still want to try it.

EDIT: By traditional I mean a rigid holster. I've only used a Remora No-Clip and this VG2.

Top Bottom