Which Glock 19 Holster is the BEST?

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by Deuce Coupe, Oct 26, 2009.

1. Deuce Coupe

Deuce Coupe Member

Aug 29, 2009
    Livingston
    I have a Glock 19 and will use for carry. I know there has been all kind of holster comments but want to hear from the Glock guys.

I travel in my Vette a couple of hours each way when doing work in Houston, what holster have you found that works best, in the car and walking through the streets and parking garages and general everyday use?

Thanks,

Pete

2. TxEMTP69

TxEMTP69 TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    I got this fantastic holster through a guy here, IWB leather. Not sure if you're a big guy, small guy whatver. I'm a big guy and it's comfortable for me at 3-4 O'clock position. A lady on here goes by "Shorts" makes holsters and belts and from what I've heard from everyone who has one they are damn good and good prices.

I got to find a way to replace a snap on mine, but other than that I can wear for hours very comfortable. You will hear lots of opinions, you may find a holster alot of people like but you may not. You will probably over time acquire a collection of holsters.

Good luck and I hope I was of some help.

3. Texas42

Texas42 TGT Addict

Nov 21, 2008
    Temple
    for IWB, I love my com-tac minatour. Very comfortable, you can buy different sleeves for different guns.

Probably not the best for prolonged car travel. You really need a different method, maybe a cross draw holster IMHO.

4. fm2

fm2 Event Coordinator

Apr 27, 2008
  5. DirtyD

DirtyD Well-Known

Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    I carry my 23 in a Comp-Tac Infidel, this is an IWB with several different options, tuckable, standard IWB, belt loops.... The thing I like about it versus my Minotaur is it is easy on, easy off as I am in and out of High Schools on a regular basis....

6. randyc74

randyc74 New Member

May 9, 2008
    Northern Illinois
    Since, I build holsters for a living I have my choice of several different holsters for concealed carry. Holster selection is a very individual choice. You will probable need to experment with different holsters and modes of carry to find what's best for you. What works for some, doesn't work for everybody. For my own purposes, I carry my Glock 23 in my version of a Summer Special IWB just behind my hip.
    Good Luck!
    Randy

7. DRod

DRod Active Member

Feb 22, 2009
    I go with the Crossbreed Supertuck. Since Im waiting on my CHL plastic, I can only car carry and it carries well in my Silverado.
    Having buckets, im sure, in your Vette, you might run into some comfort issues if you a thicker fella.

8. KAK

KAK Well-Known

Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    I want the fobus accessory holster. I also am going to try the supertuck.

9. KAK

KAK Well-Known

Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    Delete

10. gladi8r

gladi8r Active Member

Jun 5, 2008
    Troy Tx
    Threat solutions UCR I love it and have wore it for 2 years now and not a problem wear it all day every day. Also a ntac holster for my g19 with the tlr 1