• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    Had that issue when I had mine. I used some leather lotion conditioner stuff my roommate had for boots. That seemed to fix it.

Thanks for the advice. I'll have to look into it although I think the squeaking comes from the aluminum j-hooks rubbing up against the leather. The leather at the contact point is very smooth - I think if it had more of a rough suede texture it probably wouldn't squeak as much...
    ARJ Defense ad

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Thanks for the advice. I'll have to look into it although I think the squeaking comes from the aluminum j-hooks rubbing up against the leather. The leather at the contact point is very smooth - I think if it had more of a rough suede texture it probably wouldn't squeak as much...

I've heard of people placing tape behind the belt clips. You may try that too.

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    If you want rigid and AIWB look at Dale Fricke's offerings.

The Archangel gets plenty of nods over on Warrior Talk.

tussery

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    Corpus Christi
    What makes you say that? It looks legitimate to me. I've never carried with a traditional holster AIWB style, so I am somewhat apprehensive, but still want to try it.

EDIT: By traditional I mean a rigid holster. I've only used a Remora No-Clip and this VG2.
    Well from what I can see the INCOG is alot like the Archangel and that it does nothing to tuck the butt of the pistol in towards your stomach. Holsters like the CCC Shaggy and JM Custom Kydex cant the pistol butt in towards your stomach to help in concealment. It helps alot when concealing a full size pistol. A P30 and M&P45 barely print in my JM Custom Kydex holsters, and you would never know I was carrying a G19 or M&P9c in my CCC Shaggy's.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Well from what I can see the INCOG is alot like the Archangel and that it does nothing to tuck the butt of the pistol in towards your stomach. Holsters like the CCC Shaggy and JM Custom Kydex cant the pistol butt in towards your stomach to help in concealment. It helps alot when concealing a full size pistol. A P30 and M&P45 barely print in my JM Custom Kydex holsters, and you would never know I was carrying a G19 or M&P9c in my CCC Shaggy's.

That sort of makes sense. However, with the INCOG, the belt clips actually are angled to push the pistol towards your body. I'll keep that in mind though.

Oh and that Archangel holster is $$$.

T-FAST

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 9, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    There is no such thing as the "best" holster. Our opinions and means of carry are all different and might not work for you. If I wasn't so fat I would appendix carry, but I can't so I have been using the Texas made MaxTuck from White Hat Holsters. I carry it at the 2:30 position. I like that it has a removable kydex piece so that when the leather wears out all I have to do is replace the leather backing. I can also get different kydex pieces for my different guns. I like it, for the past year it has gotten the job done quite nicely.
    34q2ogh.jpg

5vimg.jpg

medmo1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Austin
    Milt Sparks Summer Special IWB for the G19 would be my vote. I carried one for a little over a year. Very comfortable plus easy on and easy off.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    That sort of makes sense. However, with the INCOG, the belt clips actually are angled to push the pistol towards your body. I'll keep that in mind though.

Looking at the design, it's obvious they try to achieve the same effect of rolling the gun inward to improve concealment by having the clips bent. However, it just will not work that way very well. The few pics I've seen of that holster being worn, it looks like it's absolutely horrible for concealment, with the grip just hanging out there. Problem is, the clips are attached all the way at the bottom. All purpose built holsters like the CCC Shaggy and others with the "wedge" design all have the wedge at the top of the holster, as close to the gun as possible. I can see by looking at pics of this INCOG that the clips are probably going to bend, and maybe they might help a little bit, but because of them bending it's just not going to be much of an improvement. Marcus, ask yourself why you are interested in that holster. It's because Travis Haley's name is on it, right? ;) Quite honestly, there are plenty of other holsters out there and different designs that will already do anything you could need to do to a holster. I don't see anything at all special about this INCOG, and I wouldn't by a piece of serious use equipment based on it being name branded by some popular guy. There's a lot of popular names on crap in the gun world nowadays, and not all of it is all that great either.

I'm not impressed with the Archangel holster or it's variants. Being that most of those are advertised as purpose built for AIWB, they don't seem to do too well at it, especially in comparison to other purpose built AIWB holsters. They don't have any design to rotate the gun inward and help conceal the grip better.

Stalker19 (Joey) makes a nice AIWB holster. I would contact him for some pics. Beyond that, I'd be looking at Custom Carry Concepts, TT Gun Leather, Garrity's Gunleather, and Desbiens Gun Leather. They all make excellent quality, purpose made AIWB holsters. There's also a lot of info, pics and customer reviews out there for many of those company's products.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    It's Travis Haley's holster? I didn't know that...... ;)

Okay, so maybe I'm a fanboy to some extent. I always keep my options open and am far too indecisive to buy something like this on a whim.
    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Talk to Joey. He knows his shit, carries AIWB, and has gone through a bunch of different holsters. He has a more than qualified position on the matter.

As far as Travis Haley, check out his latest video on YT. It's about skincare and talking about skin lotions and stuff. No joke. Pretty ridiculous. At the end of the day, the fanboy shit is pretty ridiculous. I have liked those guys in the past, but things have gotten a bit ridiculous. Talk to serious end users, figure out what works, and go with that. A name is just a name.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Talk to Joey. He knows his shit, carries AIWB, and has gone through a bunch of different holsters. He has a more than qualified position on the matter.

As far as Travis Haley, check out his latest video on YT. It's about skincare and talking about skin lotions and stuff. No joke. Pretty ridiculous. At the end of the day, the fanboy shit is pretty ridiculous. I have liked those guys in the past, but things have gotten a bit ridiculous. Talk to serious end users, figure out what works, and go with that. A name is just a name.

I know exactly what you're talking about, and I'm going to pretend that never happened.

tussery

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    Corpus Christi
    Looking at the design, it's obvious they try to achieve the same effect of rolling the gun inward to improve concealment by having the clips bent. However, it just will not work that way very well. The few pics I've seen of that holster being worn, it looks like it's absolutely horrible for concealment, with the grip just hanging out there. Problem is, the clips are attached all the way at the bottom. All purpose built holsters like the CCC Shaggy and others with the "wedge" design all have the wedge at the top of the holster, as close to the gun as possible. I can see by looking at pics of this INCOG that the clips are probably going to bend, and maybe they might help a little bit, but because of them bending it's just not going to be much of an improvement. Marcus, ask yourself why you are interested in that holster. It's because Travis Haley's name is on it, right? ;) Quite honestly, there are plenty of other holsters out there and different designs that will already do anything you could need to do to a holster. I don't see anything at all special about this INCOG, and I wouldn't by a piece of serious use equipment based on it being name branded by some popular guy. There's a lot of popular names on crap in the gun world nowadays, and not all of it is all that great either.

I'm not impressed with the Archangel holster or it's variants. Being that most of those are advertised as purpose built for AIWB, they don't seem to do too well at it, especially in comparison to other purpose built AIWB holsters. They don't have any design to rotate the gun inward and help conceal the grip better.

Stalker19 (Joey) makes a nice AIWB holster. I would contact him for some pics. Beyond that, I'd be looking at Custom Carry Concepts, TT Gun Leather, Garrity's Gunleather, and Desbiens Gun Leather. They all make excellent quality, purpose made AIWB holsters. There's also a lot of info, pics and customer reviews out there for many of those company's products.
    I haven't tried everything out there, but I have used a Archangel, Cane & Derby PIC, CCC Shaggy, and JM Custom Kydex AIWB. Out of those four the CCC Shaggy and JM Custom Kydex AIWB are pretty similar. For leather holsters another two to look at are the JRC AIWB and the Five Shot S.M.E.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    The best holster is always going to be the one you make yourself.

I'm all for saving a buck or two, but the $60 I might save, is certainly not worth the headache I'm 100% sure I'll encounter. These people make a living off of this, I'll let them do their job.

tussery

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    Corpus Christi
    Just an update, I have decided on the Cane & Derby PIC.

I will be ordering it soon.

Have you ordered it yet. I say don't it's a really bulky holster and does nothing better than the CCC and JM Custom Kydex.

The mounting solution they came up with prints alot.

Edit: I also had the pleasure of waiting almost 2 months on a 2 week production from Cane & Derby.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom