• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rmbreset

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Round Rock
    Have you ordered it yet. I say don't it's a really bulky holster and does nothing better than the CCC and JM Custom Kydex.

The mounting solution they came up with prints alot.

Edit: I also had the pleasure of waiting almost 2 months on a 2 week production from Cane & Derby.

Yup, I just ordered from high noon, but they let you know right up front it's going to be 8-12 weeks

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Have you ordered it yet. I say don't it's a really bulky holster and does nothing better than the CCC and JM Custom Kydex.

The mounting solution they came up with prints alot.

Edit: I also had the pleasure of waiting almost 2 months on a 2 week production from Cane & Derby.

I reread what you said. When you say mounting solution, are you talking about those soft belt loops you can snap on? Or are you talking about their angled mounting design?

stalker19

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2012
    Mom's basement
    Thanks for the kind words, Mr. Travis. Apologies for being late to the party.

M, we kinda already started this talk elsewhere but the PIC is a good holster. There have been mixed reviews on C&Ds service/delivery lately and I'm not sure where they're standing at the moment.

Shaggy is very nice as well, the worst part is that the belt loop prints more than anything for some (including me). I've heard some guys try to justify this by saying things like : it looks like a cell phone.... not sure about y'all but I don't carry a cell phone under my shirt mounted in front of my junk.

JM is essentially a copy of the Shaggy, so my remarks are the same for that.

Archangel is well built and a good option as well, similar to many other IWB holsters. The ones I've seen have required some slight mods around the trigger guard so you can get a 100% grip and reholster without being pinched. Easy fix, though.

A lot of people like the Vanguards and the bajillion gun- speedo copies but those aren't for me as I firmly believe being able to quickly and safely stow the gun can be a VERY real thing. It is precisely the same as needing a good two point sling on a carbine, in my book. Also, sharp front sights hurt.

There's no real answer I can give ya- I could tell you "get this holster!" and you may hate it. AIWB is just like any other carry position, everyone will accumulate a pile of holsters and have their favorite.

I haven't seen Haley's holster, but am a little skeptical in relation to AIWB. Not sure about the bulk under the dust cover and the clips sticking out. I did notice they don't seem to provide you with any top or side views of the gun AIWB..... Again, I may be wrong though.

Some things you do need to consider with AIWB holsters include
    -ride height. Lower, more concealable and tough to get a 100% grip. Higher, less concealable and easy to get a 100% grip. This is a fine balance.
    -cant. some like a slight reverse cant for concealment and access when sitting or when folded in half in a fight. This is subjective, too
    -"wedge" Many like the Shaggy, JM, PIC etc. have a wedge. The idea is that the belt increases pressure on the wedge, tucking the grip further in. This can accomplish that objective, but it can also make obtaining a full grip difficult or causing your belt to print

I personally like to go one step up in holster length on compact guns. So, g19 holster for a 26, g17 holster for a 19. The extra length should help stabilize the platform & shouldn't effect comfort. Basically, the idea here is to get the muzzle to stay between the crease in your leg and your junk. The shorter holsters for some tend to not go far and just jab the hell out of your pelvis all day when sitting. They can also allow the holster to sweep cant forward to reverse- that may get annoying if the gun is at a drastically different angle on every draw.

My best advice would be to grab a few different holsters, keep the one you like, buy another and then sell the rest. There is a solid market for all the popular models, so you shouldn't have an issue selling and making most of your $ back.

I am still working on my design, it's been way longer than initially promised but I want the thing as dialed in as possible. Like the other designs, some will have things they like/don't like(notice a pattern yet?). It is just a culmination of what me and some trusted friends agreed we needed. I have it in use with some dudes way smarter than me, and am real close to finalizing the design. If I HAD to put a ballpark ETA out I'd say two months.

Last edited:

tussery

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    Corpus Christi
    The PIC's plastic wedge is what causes the printing. I actually have no issues with the kydex loops on the shaggy and jm printing but that can be solved by getting them with pull the dot loops.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I am still working on my design, it's been way longer than initially promised but I want the thing as dialed in as possible. Like the other designs, some will have things they like/don't like(notice a pattern yet?). It is just a culmination of what me and some trusted friends agreed we needed. I have it in use with some dudes way smarter than me, and am real close to finalizing the design. If I HAD to put a ballpark ETA out I'd say two months.

Dude, get me one. ;) I'll gladly beat the crap out of it and let you know how it goes. Last pics I saw, I was really liking what I saw, and really liked the initial incarnation.

Designated

Senior Unobtanium Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    Killeen
    Dale Fricke if you want a high quality fast AIWB. Like said previously it isn't the very best concealment maybe but it does ride higher then most and consistantly allows fast full grips.

Fine line between speed, comfort, and concealability. Fricke wins on speed to me, but I wouldnt want to ride around all day with it. Galco on comfort, and a Zach for concealability.

Thats why we all have a pile of holsters laying around haha.

Top Bottom