Hurley's Gold

Which Is Your Favorite Online Ammo Dealer?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    My go to and favorite online ammo dealer is TargetSportsUSA.com out of CT. They have very competitive prices. Yet, if you see them on a site like AmmoSeek, their prices will usually not seem that great - that is until you consider they have free shipping on cases of ammo. So if comparing them to other dealers, on the prices of a case of ammo, you need to compare prices with free shipping from them figured into your comparison. That usually makes their price for a case of ammo the best price or darned close to it. They usually ship out fast although now that I am in TX it takes longer for anything from them to get to me than it did when I was in NY but regardless of that, they get the orders out pretty fast. The one or two times I used their customer service, it was excellent as well.

They also have a Prime membership for $95.00 for a year. What that gets you is a discount on all ammo orders, free shipping on all ammo orders (not just on cases of ammo), free shipping on anything else you buy from them like magazines or accessories, and some sort of free gift from them based upon your past orders which is sent to you in the third quarter of your membership (if I understand that right). I joined their Prime membership last month and have already made back just over $60 of the membership cost in savings on discounted ammo and shipping.
    DK Firearms

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    They also have a Prime membership for $95.00 for a year. What that gets you is a discount on all ammo orders, free shipping on all ammo orders (not just on cases of ammo), free shipping on anything else you buy from them like magazines or accessories, and some sort of free gift from them based upon your past orders which is sent to you in the third quarter of your membership (if I understand that right). I joined their Prime membership last month and have already made back just over $60 of the membership cost in savings on discounted ammo and shipping.

Any idea of how much the discount is?

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Keep in mind that as of October 1st, Target Sports will be collecting sales tax for Texas. On a case of ammo, that will be roughly around the same as shipping at some of the more honest vendors out there who aren't yet charging tax.

I go with who has the best shipped price and right now that tends to be SGAmmo and Brownells. YMMV

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    I've ordered from SG Ammo in the past but their shipping cost became prohibitive when I was in Cuomoistan. Their rates to ship to anywhere in TX must be considerably lower. I've also used Aim Surplus and PSA. Since I started using Target Sports USA as my go to ammo dealer, I pretty much have used Aim Surpus only when they have something I need that TSUSA does not have in stock or if they have an exceptional deal.

Same goes for PSA, I use them when TSUSA is out of stock or when they sometimes have exceptional daily deals. For instance, back in May I ordered one of their daily deals: Federal 5.56 NATO 55gr FMJ 420rds in Ammo Can - XM193LC1 that at that time was selling for $139.99 at PSA and ten Magpul 30 round AR mags that usually sell for $12.95 apiece at PSA. My cost was $199.99 with free shipping and no tax. So, saying I paid the $139.99 for the ammo, that means I got the ten PMAG AR15 magazines for a total of $60 or $6.00 apiece. That was not a bad deal at all; I wish I had ordered two of those deals. I think they made a mistake on that deal when they posted it but who knows - maybe they were feeling generous.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I've bought from all the places listed so far. There are also some that are good for specialty items and should be mentioned.

If you need competition ammo like Tenex with specified lot numbers, .32 wadcutter, .223 loaded with 80 and sometimes 90 grain bullets, .220 Russian match brass by Lapua, etc., try Champions Choice.

For oddball calibers you can't find easily, there's Old West Scrounger. There are one or two other players in this space, but I can't remember their names since I use them so rarely.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I've bought from all the places listed so far. There are also some that are good for specialty items and should be mentioned.

If you need competition ammo like Tenex with specified lot numbers, .32 wadcutter, .223 loaded with 80 and sometimes 90 grain bullets, .220 Russian match brass by Lapua, etc., try Champions Choice.

For oddball calibers you can't find easily, there's Old West Scrounger. There are one or two other players in this space, but I can't remember their names since I use them so rarely.
    Champion’s Choice is where I have gotten all of my match grade .22 ammo.

tonelar

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    El Paso
    My two most often were SGammo and Ammoman (which no one has mentioned yet).

I recently bought a case of 762x39 from Grabagun and was impressed with their service.

Top Bottom