Which Musicians Have You Seen & Heard In Concert

Southpaw

Forum BSer
TGT Supporter
Mar 30, 2009
Guadalupe Co.
Lots of smaller and mostly Punk/Hardcore and Reggae shows. I was never one for big stadium concerts, though the last concert I did go to was a George Strait at the Alamodome which was probably the biggest venue I ever seen any concert in.

A couple good memories were being a "roadie" for an opening band for an Exploited show. I say "roadie" because basically my good friend who was in the opening band just gave me an instrument cable to carry in prior to soundcheck. When I think about it, I wasn't that much older then my daughter now and couldn't imagine giving approval for to her for something similar today. :laughing:

Not sure if it was billed as Parliament-Funkadelic or George Clinton and the P-Funk All Stars, but it was a cool show I managed to catch in Atlanta. I remember it went on for a few hours.

TreyG-20

The Pool Guy
Dec 16, 2011
Central
I attended every Ozzfest from 2001-2007. The list is huge from those events alone. I use to love going to metal shows. Last one was 2 years ago during Slayers final tour. My ears are still ringing. Been to several country and hip hop show as well, but my days of standing in huge crowds with pot smoke are well behind me.

First concert I remember going to with my parents was Reo Speedwagon and Jefferson Starship. Or maybe it was Alice Cooper. Can’t remember now which was first.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
Lifetime Member
Feb 1, 2010
DFW
When I was 15 I saw Crystal Gayle. She had this string hanging off her pants with these two puffy balls. They swung between hers legs the entire show as she sang and swayed with the music. I was both mesmerized and hornified.

Pretty memorable.

Saw a bunch of bands. Atlanta Rhythm Section and Kansas were the best shows. Kansas was THE best by a fair margin. Those guys are great musicians.

My favorite Texas Country concert was Max Stalling. I like that guy, and his wife Heather is one of the best fiddle players I’ve heard.

sidebite252

TGT Addict
Mar 26, 2013
Lake Texoma
Man there’s been some great artist posted here. I think the one that jumped out at me was Johnny Cash & Carl Perkins. I bet that one was epic.

My biggest regret was having tickets to see Stevie Ray Vaughn at the Starplex in 87 I think? I gave the tickets away when my date bailed on me. What the hell was I thinking?

easy rider

Fusion Educator
TGT Supporter
Jun 10, 2015
Odessa, Tx
I attended every Ozzfest from 2001-2007. The list is huge from those events alone.
I hear ya. I remember Lollapalooza at the Gorge at George, Wa. in 1996 featuring Metallica (the unannounced special guest turned out to be Soundgarden, which turned out to be their last concert before their break up), there were many groups on 3 stages. I really liked a then no name group called Sponge.

Then Another was one of a few Endfest's in Bremerton, Wa. that I attended featuring The Offspring which had a group a hadn't heard of at the time called Matchbox 20.

There's probably some groups I've seen over the years that became bigger I don't remember because they were just starting out.

I started going to concerts on my own at 13. The first at that time was 3 Dog Night and ShaNaNa. A month later I spent the night at Memorial Stadium in The Seattle Center to get tickets to The Rolling Stones.

If I could remember them all I can go on for hours. For example, I have a vague recollection of The James Gang concert where due to angel dust joints I thought Joe Walsh had a tail and horns.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Admin
Nov 22, 2011
Spring
I thought Joe Walsh had a tail and horns.
I've seen Joe Walsh (try to) perform when he was so wasted he probably thought he had a tail and horns - San Antonio, the old municipal auditorium, 1978.

Worst. Concert. Ever.

redintex

TGT Supporter
May 14, 2008
Central Texas
What I can remember:

Go Go's (involved a girl)
Madonna (involved a different girl!)
Pink Floyd
Rush
Statler Brothers
Metallica
Alice in Chains
Styx
Night Ranger
REO Speedwagon
B.B. King
Slipknot
Buddy Guy

I know there are more - yes, I have eclectic tastes!

tonelar

Aug 9, 2009
El Paso
I envy festering cause I‘ve yet to see Social D.

mine’s too long a list. instead, I’ll list the three bands i’ve caught the most (5 or more times):

the who, motorhead & primus

Last edited:

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
Texas Gun Forum Ad
silencers
third coast
Ranier
Tyrant Designs
DK Firearms

Forum statistics

Threads