• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Man most of you guys are light weights. I've seen more bands in a weekend at the coachella music fest than most of you have seen total . Hell, I've played more shows than most of you have seen!

Favorite to see was nine inch nails, specifically at river city rock fest a couple years back here in San Antonio. I got to bring my oldest daughter to this show. It was her first concert.

Best stage show was either red hot chili peppers or rage against the machine at coachella 07.

Worst show was alive in chains in San Diego 06. Jerry cantrell kept walking off stage after every couple songs.

Most surprising show was probably Manu Chao, who played right before rage against the machine at coachella. Really pumped up the crowd. I never heard of him until the show started.

Most intimate show would be foo fighters acoustic tour in 05 or 06. It was at a play theater. 5th row dead center. Dave ghrol kept telling stories about "his friend" and was obviously talking about kurt cobain.

Most expensive was tool in San Diego 07. I paid $750 for floor tickets and took a chick I only knew for a couple weeks. She turned into my first wife later. I traded another set of tickets to this show for a tattoo.

As a musician I've always been into live shows. I've spent way too much money on tickets...

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    Beach Boys (Dennis' last appearance & Brian's return to the stage); Chuck Berry, Johnny Dee & Rocket 88s, Drifters, Little Richard, Matchbox 20, Johnny Rivers, Rolling Stones, Smashing Pumpkins, Trans Siberian Orchestra, Tanya Tucker, Turtles, & could've seen Roy Orbison but I wimped out saying "we'll see him next year" - but he died before the next year.

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Did you go to the Aaron Lewis concert at Dos Amigos last year in Odessa? I'm not much of a country music fan, but I am a Staind fan, so I was there.
    No sir. I saw him pre country days. It was 2007 @ House Of Blues in Vegas. He did some of his Stained stuff and then he did some new songs he been writing while on the road. IIRC, he might have echoed a little "country" in 1 or 2 songs. He did a couple of covers.

I was absolutely mesmerized by the performance. One man, guitar and a voice. The ol' less is more thing.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    No sir. I saw him pre country days. It was 2007 @ House Of Blues in Vegas. He did some of his Stained stuff and then he did some new songs he been writing while on the road. IIRC, he might have echoed a little "country" in 1 or 2 songs. He did a couple of covers.

I was absolutely mesmerized by the performance. One man, guitar and a voice. The ol' less is more thing.
    Well, he did several country songs, but also several Staind songs with a backup band. He was also wearing a MAGA hat. Great voice!

Attachments

• 1603814863266.png
      1603814863266.png
      1.2 MB · Views: 69

SURVIVOR619

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 31, 2017
    US
    Many, many concerts over the years.

Highlights:

Robert Plant+Jimmy Page w/John Bonhams' son on the drums. (San Diego 1996)

Pennywise 30 Year tour in Winnipeg, MB, Canada in 2017. I'm born and raised in So. Cal. and seeing this So. Cal band in another country was a cool memory to make with the wife.

Chris Cornell solo in Winnipeg, a handful of months before his death. His show was excellent and intimate.

Tim McGraw in San Diego... got a high five from him when he ran down the lane to hit the stage... (yeah, cool story bro, I know).

Ramones and NOFX in San Diego, early 90's... one of the top punk rock shows for my books.

I loathe this band today because they are soooooo outspoken about 'American Idiots'; GTFO, stay the f4ck out) however, sometimes around '92-'93, before they were anyone special and were openers at a Bad Religion concert, Green Day played a set where they were given an encore and returned to the stage in full GWAR gear and played a couple Scorpions songs... pretty memorable.

Most favorite of all time and seen many, many, many times is Bad Religion.

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    Too many too list over the years.
    My 1st concert i was 11... it was Run DMC & Beastie Boys in 86.
    Some of the memorable shows were Metallica, Tina Turner, Chris Stapleton, Stone Temple Pilots, Pink Floyd ×2, Tool, Candle Box, Primus & a few more i cant think of right now.
    The last concert i seen was Josh Ward @ Gruene Hall.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Too many too list over the years.
    My 1st concert i was 11... it was Run DMC & Beastie Boys in 86.
    Some of the memorable shows were Metallica, Tina Turner, Chris Stapleton, Stone Temple Pilots, Pink Floyd ×2, Tool, Candle Box, Primus & a few more i cant think of right now.
    The last concert i seen was Josh Ward @ Gruene Hall.

The wife and I love to visit Gruene Hall! That place is historic and so much fun to visit.

Top Bottom