• ...and so much more!
  • easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Saw ZZ Top in Jacksonville, Texas National Guard Armory around 1975. Cost me $5 to get in.

That was 200 bales of hay loaded, transported and stacked.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    I believe it was $4 when I saw them at the Ice Palace in Las Vegas 1973.
    Military Camp

Mohawk600

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    Seen quite a few back in the day..........music is dead to me now.........much like other things. I would much rather listen to talk radio than music.

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    Mac Davis about '76, Pat Greene at the river stage in San Angelo '06 and Darius Rucker playing solo at the General Granbury birthday bash in Granbury in '12.

I do not count the Rock am Riem at the Olympiahalle in Munchen (1986) because it was too loud for me to get to the building let alone inside. I just sat in the grass across the street visiting the street vendors when I got hungry - doner kebaps, frische brezen, and nurnberger bratwurst.

No, I did not waste a three day ticket. I got souvenired a ticket when some of the guys went to see their girlfriends for the weekend.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    I kept on thinking with some amount of certainty that I'd seen Santana once upon a time but could not remember where. I remember now, it was at the Wollman Ice Skating Rink in Central Park in NYC - during the mid-1970s! It was a concert sponsored by Schaefer Beer. They ran free concerts there for several years. The bands that you could see for the admission fee of $1.00 early on or $3.00 at the end of the festival's life were amazing, see this link. The Schaefer Girls, a group of young ladies in my circle back then, drank Schaefer pretty much exclusively (unless they could not get any then it was whatever). Being that my godfather, Uncle Steve, worked at the Schaefer Brewery in Brooklyn - and that he often brought me cases of the stuff - (which was not a bad beer back then but does not compare to what I drink today), I was quite the popular guy with them. Free beer, great concerts (cheap or for free if you sat outside the rink), and nice babes - thems was the daze!

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    In no particular order.
    Iron Maiden
    Humble Pie
    Judas Priest
    Kiss
    Sammy Hagar
    Joan Jett
    Night Ranger
    Lynerd Skynerd
    ZZ Top
    AC DC
    Rolling Stones
    Drake White
    Vince Gill
    Garth Brooks
    George Strait
    Loretta Lynn
    Tracy Byrd
    Johnny Bush
    Steve Wariner
    Robert Earl Keene
    Leon Russell
    Willie Nelson
    Waylon Jennings
    And an evening at the Grand old Opry that had more famous people on stage than I can remember.

Oh,
    The Eagles
    last February. Next to last show before the Rona shut down the country.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Lots of smaller and mostly Punk/Hardcore and Reggae shows. I was never one for big stadium concerts, though the last concert I did go to was a George Strait at the Alamodome which was probably the biggest venue I ever seen any concert in.

A couple good memories were being a "roadie" for an opening band for an Exploited show. I say "roadie" because basically my good friend who was in the opening band just gave me an instrument cable to carry in prior to soundcheck. When I think about it, I wasn't that much older then my daughter now and couldn't imagine giving approval for to her for something similar today. :laughing:

Not sure if it was billed as Parliament-Funkadelic or George Clinton and the P-Funk All Stars, but it was a cool show I managed to catch in Atlanta. I remember it went on for a few hours.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    I attended every Ozzfest from 2001-2007. The list is huge from those events alone. I use to love going to metal shows. Last one was 2 years ago during Slayers final tour. My ears are still ringing. Been to several country and hip hop show as well, but my days of standing in huge crowds with pot smoke are well behind me.

First concert I remember going to with my parents was Reo Speedwagon and Jefferson Starship. Or maybe it was Alice Cooper. Can’t remember now which was first.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    When I was 15 I saw Crystal Gayle. She had this string hanging off her pants with these two puffy balls. They swung between hers legs the entire show as she sang and swayed with the music. I was both mesmerized and hornified.

Pretty memorable.

Saw a bunch of bands. Atlanta Rhythm Section and Kansas were the best shows. Kansas was THE best by a fair margin. Those guys are great musicians.

My favorite Texas Country concert was Max Stalling. I like that guy, and his wife Heather is one of the best fiddle players I’ve heard.

sidebite252

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma
    Man there’s been some great artist posted here. I think the one that jumped out at me was Johnny Cash & Carl Perkins. I bet that one was epic.

My biggest regret was having tickets to see Stevie Ray Vaughn at the Starplex in 87 I think? I gave the tickets away when my date bailed on me. What the hell was I thinking?

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I attended every Ozzfest from 2001-2007. The list is huge from those events alone.
    I hear ya. I remember Lollapalooza at the Gorge at George, Wa. in 1996 featuring Metallica (the unannounced special guest turned out to be Soundgarden, which turned out to be their last concert before their break up), there were many groups on 3 stages. I really liked a then no name group called Sponge.

Then Another was one of a few Endfest's in Bremerton, Wa. that I attended featuring The Offspring which had a group a hadn't heard of at the time called Matchbox 20.

There's probably some groups I've seen over the years that became bigger I don't remember because they were just starting out.

I started going to concerts on my own at 13. The first at that time was 3 Dog Night and ShaNaNa. A month later I spent the night at Memorial Stadium in The Seattle Center to get tickets to The Rolling Stones.

If I could remember them all I can go on for hours. For example, I have a vague recollection of The James Gang concert where due to angel dust joints I thought Joe Walsh had a tail and horns.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I thought Joe Walsh had a tail and horns.
    I've seen Joe Walsh (try to) perform when he was so wasted he probably thought he had a tail and horns - San Antonio, the old municipal auditorium, 1978.

Worst. Concert. Ever.

redintex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    Central Texas
    What I can remember:

Go Go's (involved a girl)
    Madonna (involved a different girl!)
    Pink Floyd
    Rush
    Statler Brothers
    Metallica
    Alice in Chains
    Styx
    Night Ranger
    REO Speedwagon
    B.B. King
    Slipknot
    Buddy Guy

I know there are more - yes, I have eclectic tastes!

tonelar

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    El Paso
    I envy festering cause I‘ve yet to see Social D.

mine’s too long a list. instead, I’ll list the three bands i’ve caught the most (5 or more times):

the who, motorhead & primus

Last edited:
    Top Bottom