• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Andy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2013
    Dallas, TX
    Wow ok. That opens up my options. I do like the idea of having the adapter on the rifle for a folding stock so i have options.
    I found some pics that I took just before building my Yugo which might help you visualize things:

Clockwise from top right - (1) receiver showing the socket in the rear trunnion (which the fixed wood stock normally bolts into), then (2) the Ace receiver block which is an adapter that bolts into the rear trunnion - and then (3) the Ace Stock with attached Stormwerkz folding mechanism:
    mlh9gm.jpg

Edit: The point of the above pic is to show that you can replace the folder with the original fixed stock if you ever want to. Simply unbolt the Ace receiver block to reveal the cavity and you're in business.

Last edited:

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Looks like the receivers are AK based. Not sure though since I've never held one. Price is nice though if they are reliable and customizable like an Ak.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    If I could find one,...
    No good deed goes unpunished. Since you were so helpful with my previous question, I thought I'd ask another.

This is about the Norinco 86S.

86s_zpsf4a1f7b1.jpg

I impulse-bought one of these today at an auction for $950. It's in quite good shape, apparently, though I haven't had it apart yet.

What sort of reputation do they have for quality and usefulness? Is this a desirable model? Or did I just throw away my money?

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    No good deed goes unpunished. Since you were so helpful with my previous question, I thought I'd ask another.

This is about the Norinco 86S.

86s_zpsf4a1f7b1.jpg

I impulse-bought one of these today at an auction for $950. It's in quite good shape, apparently, though I haven't had it apart yet.

What sort of reputation do they have for quality and usefulness? Is this a desirable model? Or did I just throw away my money?

Ben

That's an interesting bullpup ya got there, to be honest I don't really know a lot about them but I do read where allegedly less then 2000 of these were ever imported from China into the US so if anything, it's a rare bird!

From what else I've read, they only cost $179 when the were first brought into the country back in the late 1980s but a few auctions for "brand new, never fired" ones were asking $1800-2000 recently so you can compare that with yours. Of course, condition, round count, original box, etc. all factor into the "value" of a firearm; but if you're happy with it and it's in good shape, I think you got a good deal!

Cheers! M2

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    That's an interesting bullpup ya got there, to be honest I don't really know a lot about them...

Will you be at the Hicksville meet-up in 3 months or so? Assuming I take it apart, don't see problems, clean, and successfully test fire it first, I'll definitely bring it along and you'd be welcome to play with it all you want. I've got cases of old Chinese el-cheapo ammo that I need an excuse to burn.

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    Will you be at the Hicksville meet-up in 3 months or so? Assuming I take it apart, don't see problems, clean, and successfully test fire it first, I'll definitely bring it along and you'd be welcome to play with it all you want. I've got cases of old Chinese el-cheapo ammo that I need an excuse to burn.
    "
    You have an illegitimate son who will burn some ammo for you :D...3 words "Back Child support"

Last edited:

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Any time, son. ;)

Seriously, in preparation for a possible range trip in the short term, I'll hurry up on the checkout and testing of this piece. The muzzle attachment looks a bit jacked up and the front sight is loose. I'll remove one, tighten the other, and inspect the interior. After that, I'll have to find some magazines.

Top Bottom