• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MikePotts

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Also check out the Walther PPS - compare size/weight/thickness etc. They've recently come down in price to where we mere mortals can afford them - my wife bought one in .40S&W when they were almost $700!! and carries it daily. Should come in at under $500 now if you shop around - great carry pistol.

hellishhorses

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    Eddy
    Cuz they don't make a .46! Who needs those extra ammos anyway?

Seriously though, whoever told you the shield trigger is bad must have been drinking. That trigger is the one S&W should have installed on the entire M&P line. Without the APEX upgrade, the other M&P triggers are sloppy, gritty and overall terrible. The Shield is crisp, smooth, a little heavy, but overall very "glock-like" (that's a good thing)

Last edited:

Wryknow

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2009
    Austin
    I really like the Minotaur holster from Comp-tac. Very comfortable and I can wear a t-shirt with hardly any printing at all. It's not cheap but it's well made and you can buy new kydex fronts if you change your carry guns. I hear the Crossbread Hybrid is also nice but I've never worn one myself.

Last edited:

s9601694

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2013
    Houston
    I have a CM9 and carry it in the pocket of some cargo shorts or whatever sometimes.. Its a little too heavy, too big to pocket carry for my liking but still doable. I am going to pick up a Kahr CW380 for when i'm wearing slacks or tighter jeans.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I have two I pocket carry: Glock 26 and a Beretta Tomcat 32. I use a pocket slip holster for both.

s9601694

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2013
    Houston
    I have two I pocket carry: Glock 26 and a Beretta Tomcat 32. I use a pocket slip holster for both.

That is actually a great point deemus made ever so casually: ALWAYS ALWAYS use a pocket holster when pocket carrying! General safety, keeps the gun positioned right and prevents printing.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    The Beretta 21a isn't a very good option in my opinion. 22lr is better than nothing, but it's not ideal for defense. Plus the 21a isn't exactly reliable. Mine and every other one I've seen has "ok" reliability with minimags, but it still isn't quite up to par.

Might as well step up to the 3032. You're not really giving up anything in size and weight over the 21a, but they are more reliable and .32 > .22

Top Bottom