• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2013
    Houston, TX
    Sounds like a recipe for farts.

Laugh if you will. I went from a scrawny 156 lb kid to a 195 lb beast with zero body fat gain in less than six months with only a doorjamb to do pull-ups on and a floor - no weights - my only supplement being protein powder. I had no access to any other supplement or specialized nutrition, and barely any access to even MEAT. Most of my protein came from legumes and eggs... Wait... I just played into that one, didn't I? LOL

Anyway, I think a lot of these pre/post workout concoctions are mostly snake oil... notice I didn't say all. I do believe that a bit of stimulant and protein in you before you workout works wonders - hence my inexpensive, highly-effective, and delicious pre-workout beverage.
    Texas SOT

Last edited:

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    Laugh if you will. I went from a scrawny 156 lb kid to a 195 lb beast with zero body fat gain in less than six months with only a doorjamb to do pull-ups on and a floor - no weights - my only supplement being protein powder. I had no access to any other supplement or specialized nutrition, and barely any access to even MEAT. Most of my protein came from legumes and eggs... Wait... I just played into that one, didn't I? LOL

Anyway, I think a lot of these pre/post workout concoctions are mostly snake oil... notice I didn't say all. I do believe that a bit of stimulant and protein in you before you workout works wonders - hence my inexpensive, highly-effective, and delicious pre-workout beverage.
    That's cool. I was 160-165 in August 2010. I started doing push ups in my down time and I've always been doing chin ups. Bought a lot of protein and started hitting the weights and doing sprints and jogging. I hit 183 in 2011 then cut down to 170 but lost mass in my back and chest. Did less cardio and more sprints and fast spinning on the exercise bikes same weights as before and hit 185 and held my weight until I cut in summer of 2012. Lost mass again and went to 171-173. Then I hit the weights and cardio like a mad man at the end of summer with a lot more protein from muscle pharm. I was a lean 193 by the winter 2013 but ruined my shoulders doing bench presses too often.
    I saw a doctor and he said I needed surgery on both rotators and showed me rehab exercises to try. I gained fat and lost muscle while rehabbing for 6 months. Not even 70% on chest even today. I hovered around 195-205 doing a lot of squats, back and legs.
    Started more interval training for 45 min 4 times/wk and lost fat and I'm trying to cut before summer. Currently stuck at a leaner 189 but I'm using a lot of coffee in the afternoon before my pre workout. I drink tons of water a day and I hope to be a very lean 185 in a month or 2.

I think a black coffee, tons of water and the pre work out in the few hours leading up to the gym really helps. I power through work outs and feel great at bed time.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas

You're telling me that you managed to gain 39lbs of nothing but muscle by eating protein powder, eggs, and beans... with pull ups and body weight...

I don't believe you.

azkcr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2013
    Borger, TX
    I've had buzzerk, m5, taze, war hammer, and currently axiom. (Maybe 1-2 that I don't remember. Blame the creatine.... Lol)
    Axiom is the cheapest and does decent.
    M5 added the most muscle for sure.
    And best tasting was taze. Which is also a test booster

T2_Tactical

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2014
    Being that protein powder also contains a high amount of carbs, gaining 39 pounds of muscle and no body fat is not chemically or physically possible. Secondly, that kind of gain (muscle) would require mainly leg training, as there wouldn't be enough mass to gain on chest and arms. Lets just say as a "scrawny" kid you had 12% body fat at 156 pounds, going up to 195 and not gaining any more body fat, you are now at around 9.5% at 195 pounds, which would put you around most pro builders.

T2_Tactical

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2014
    Um yes, you are correct, protein does not, Protein Powder, like I said does. These are usually added to make them taste less disgusting. There are some that do not, like Isopure carb free, and Natures Best carb free, but for the most part, standard protein powder does. The point is, gaining 39 pounds with that type of diet and not gaining any fat is not likely. As all of those are full of fat and carbs. I.E one egg has about .6 grams of carbs, and one serving of legumes has about 21 grams of carbs, and typical protein powders have about 10-20 grams of carbs per serving of 50 grams of protein.

There are no carbs in protein.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    Speaking of protein powder without carbs- anyone have good experiences with the flavors for carnivore? Last time I checked it had 0 carbs and the calories came from protein only. I just wasn't sure about the flavors they had. Anyone have any experience with it?
    I haven't used protein supplements in a year

Code3GT

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 12, 2008
    Austin
    Late to the party but I drink 8oz of brewed coffee with 2tbsp unsalted butter and 2tbsp of coconut oil blended in. Tastes like a latte and is great pre-workout for anyone on a low-carb/high-fat keto type plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Um yes, you are correct, protein does not, Protein Powder, like I said does. These are usually added to make them taste less disgusting. There are some that do not, like Isopure carb free, and Natures Best carb free, but for the most part, standard protein powder does. The point is, gaining 39 pounds with that type of diet and not gaining any fat is not likely. As all of those are full of fat and carbs. I.E one egg has about .6 grams of carbs, and one serving of legumes has about 21 grams of carbs, and typical protein powders have about 10-20 grams of carbs per serving of 50 grams of protein.

It's impossible period. Gaining 39lbs of pure muscle in less than 6 months isn't going to happen.

Hell, a friend of mine is a lifter. Hit his peak and eventually started on the juice. He put on 23lbs of muscle in a year, and that's with a good diet.

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    Late to the party but I drink 8oz of brewed coffee with 2tbsp unsalted butter and 2tbsp of coconut oil blended in. Tastes like a latte and is great pre-workout for anyone on a low-carb/high-fat keto type plan.

Bullet proof coffee if yum, and the most aggressive laxative I've ever experienced!

T2_Tactical

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2014
    Isn't that called the heart attack type plan?

Code3GT

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 12, 2008
    Austin
    Isn't that called the heart attack type plan?

Fats have been labeled as such but in reality, they're not. A low-carb/high-fat diet causes the body to burn fat as energy instead of carbs. Its when we mix high-carb with high-fat that we get the heart attack plan. It also stabilizes blood sugar, among other benefits.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2013
    Houston, TX
    You're telling me that you managed to gain 39lbs of nothing but muscle by eating protein powder, eggs, and beans... with pull ups and body weight...

I don't believe you.

..and you know what? I don't care if you believe me because it's the truth. Go back to your decabol and winny or whatever the hell they're calling steroids these days. There's no substitute for hard work and dedication. Just because you were blessed with inferior genetics, doesn't mean everyone else in the world was.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2013
    Houston, TX
    It's impossible period. Gaining 39lbs of pure muscle in less than 6 months isn't going to happen.

Hell, a friend of mine is a lifter. Hit his peak and eventually started on the juice. He put on 23lbs of muscle in a year, and that's with a good diet.

I'm living proof that it isn't impossible brother. The doctor's scale doesn't lie. I could post before and after pics, but not only does that feel a little gay, but there are no time stamps on the photos to prove it anyway. You're gonna be a hater because you're incapable of doing the same. Everyone thinks that there's some magic supplement that's going to make them grow Conan tits overnight. Gains like mine are 100% beyond a doubt possible - I know because I made them myself. Just because someone is juicing doesn't mean that they're eating, sleeping or working out properly. There's a lot more to muscle gain than just nutrition.
    I was being held in a foreign jail with little to no access to the comforts of daily life. I had two books to read - "The 10 Day MBA" and "Learn Mandarin Chinese" - I came out six months later 39lbs heavier with striations on top of striations, a fantastic comprehension of macro and micro-economics, and the ability to communicate in Mandarin with my mother. I'm sure there will be detractors out there that will tell me - "It's impossible to learn Chinese in six months!" as well, but you would have no idea, would you? Just because your roid-head moron friend didn't utilize his illicit cheater-juice properly doesn't mean anything. Everyone's body is different. I can work out hard for a week and my friends and family who haven't seen me during that time will comment on how much more ripped I look. Maybe it's high testosterone... who knows... But it absolutely IS NOT impossible - I am the living proof. Stop trying to make yourself feel better for being lazy. Work out... work out hard... Eat right... Be healthy... Rest well... It's not rocket science.

To say "That's impossible because my friend couldn't do it" is akin to saying "My friend has been shooting for as long as Niccolo Campriani and he can't make those shots, so it must be impossible!"

It's obvious you are stirring the pot because you are unable or think that you're unable to accomplish what I did. Maybe it's because you've spent thousands of dollars on crap supplements and feel ripped off.

Anyway - Any doctors want to step in and verify that it is indeed possible just so that this guy can get on with his life and realize that he doesn't know everything?

EDIT: ...and if your friend only put on 23 lbs. in a year while juicing, he was doing something terribly wrong. Either that or he's three feet tall.

EDIT EDIT: For the guy who made the puberty comment: I was 27 at the time and already starting to suffer from malnutrition due to circumstances beyond my control - I started puberty at 12. Joker.

EDIT EDIT EDIT: RstyShcklfrd: can you bench press twice your weight? How many pull-ups can you do? Push ups? What's your max weight on your lat pulldowns? How many repetitions can you do? ...and for the other doubter - I did drink a lot of milk. I would trade my desserts and non-legume carbs for eggs and milk - and I limited myself to 1 whole yolk a day. I would eat probably 16 egg whites and drink at least half a gallon of 2% a day. Thank you for at least saying that "it's not likely" instead of being another one of those "internet experts" that will instantly dismiss anything that they don't understand.

And T2 Tactical, just read a few more of your posts:
    I never once said that my protein powder contained carbs did I? It was whey isolate. Cheap, mass-produced, unflavored, carb-free, Euro-produced packets of CARB-FREE protein powder, so stop making assumptions... Secondly...
    It is NOT chemically or physically impossible. I could go on all day about this obviously. I could sit here and defend myself all day and will still get haters telling me that I'm full of &^S&* because they're unable to do it themselves. What are my detractors' credentials? Are you nutritionists? Personal trainers? No... You're guys who sit around in front of their computers and parrot things that you read on the internet to try to look smart. You're guys who probably paid $1000 in supplements, worked out like a sissy for 2 months then gave up and have since taken up trolling to rip on all of us who actually stuck with a workout plan, worked their asses off, and didn't have to take the latest and greatest scientific breakthrough in nutritional supplements to make awesome gains. Talk all the smack you want, you're just proving to me that you're weak lard-asses.

Last edited:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2013
    Houston, TX
    Well, after doing my own research, the reason why I was able to pack on so much so quickly was probably due to the aforementioned malnutrition that I was suffering through before being incarcerated. I should have weighed closer to 175-180. So in actuality, I would put it closer to 15-20 lbs in 6 months. That makes sense to me. Sorry for making assumptions about your lard-assedness, I just get tired of internet experts chiming in to call me out on things that I know as fact. I lived through that shit and worked hard for my achievements!!!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom