Gun Zone Deals

Which range let you collect your brass??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    If only there was a multiple shot revolving bang bang thingie that held brass until you removed it?

Naaaaa.......nobody has done that.

acorneau

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 5, 2014
    Houston
    If only there was a multiple shot revolving bang bang thingie that held brass until you removed it?

Oh, but they have...

brass-retriever-recoge-casquillos-marca-caldwell-747901-MLM20445359480_102015-F.jpg

:banana:

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Could be Charlie......you might be getting your supplies cheaper than I can........

I don't really shoot what I call hard to get calibers, But sure, I save some $$$ on the 6.5 Jap, 7.5X54, 6.5X52, 7.35X51, 45 Colt and 8X50R......common calibers like 9mm, 45 acp and .380, I don't really save that much per box.....

Casting your own bullets saves extra $$$, but I just don't have the spare time anymore.....

I'm shooting 9mm at about $0.10-$0.12 per round. Considering that Tula is $0.16 per round when bought in bulk, and my hand loads are MUCH higher quality than anything Tula makes, I'd say I'm saving a pretty good amount of money (about $40-$60 per 1000 rounds) while also getting better ammo. I cast my own bullets, which is why I can reload so cheaply (it takes time, but is very enjoyable work). It takes the most expensive component out of the equation.

Now ask me how much I've saved by reloading for my 41 Swiss. :p Give you a hint.

http://www.gunauction.com/buy/12184683

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    My Dutch (11X52R) Beaumont pales in comparison to that....lol...wow...

I think I once saw some newly manufactured ammo for 41 Swiss. It was about $130 per 20, and I haven't seen anyone else sell it. Kind of crazy since I reload the stuff for less than $0.50 per round. It's a labor intensive process, and required that the gun be modified to fire centerfire cartridges (very easy and simple process due to the design of the bolt), but it's so worth it.

CJS3

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Katy
    I've only been hassled once for picking up brass. My response was "I brought it, I'm taking it home". If someone is shooting a caliber I can reload, I always ask first if it's okay to recover their brass. I've only met a negative response once, most others seem surprised I'd want to pick it up.

Steelhat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2015

I know it would be easier to collect my brass if I had a wheel gun. But I only got a P229 .40 with a 9mm x-change kit and a .357SIG barrel. I might get me one of these brass catching nets that I can set up on the bench. A tarp or blanket that I can lay out prior to shooting would do the trick too.

xdmikey

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    cypress, tx
    Steelhat, if you're not a moron/idiot, pm me.

hotwells has a big sign saying that brass on the ground is theirs but when I asked he said I could pick up my own brass. They've improved their pistol bays in that there is mesh on each side protecting the guy next to you but it also keeps your brass somewhat corralled.
    the best place for this was Baileys west of Pearland about 15 years ago; mesh keeping brass from going in front of the firing line.

when I got my CHL renewal at Hotwells the officer in charge of the shooting qualifications got all pissy because I was using reloads. After we shot I saw why; he was scavenging all the brass. He had his cop car there and told everybody to stay away from it, it had a bunch of machine guns in it! Nobody cared until he made the crack about it being full of selectfires.

Dave68

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2014
    NW Houston
    Full Armor Firearms lets you pick up your brass. I think Shiloh does too, but I've only been there once and I was the only one on the range.

Top Bottom