• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    How does the GSG do in terms of accuracy and reliability?
    Good question... I've never shot it off a rest and haven't shot it on paper since I sighted in the crappy reddot that's on it. I don't have any issues consistently knocking cans around with it. One thing to keep in mind when talking accuracy with it is that it's an HK replica and I guess they wanted the experience to be as realistic as possible. The trigger is about as terrible as you'd find in a typical HK navy style lower :laughing:

Reliability wise, the bolt has gotten "stuck" to the rear twice since I've owned it. Not sure why... Disassemble/reassemble "fixes" the issue with no obvious source of the trouble found. I suspect it's a tolerance issue, but it hasn't happened frequently enough to worry about. It's just a cool range toy after all. Other than that, it's been reliable. Works fine with Federal 550 bulk packs and CCI standard velocity. Mags are reliable, but I did pitch one out of six because it was causing malfunctions.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    This one? :green:

nw4i.jpg

Psychomedic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Rosenberg
    The Colt M-4 made by Walther of Germany and marketed by UMAREX is an exact replica of the M-4 platform. It is dead nuts accurate with CCI Mini Mags, and can be adjusted for different brands of .22LR ammo (hex tool included).

Mine came with a front sight that I could not adjust to 50 yards. Called UMAREX and they sent me a 50-yard front sight at no cost -- the rifle came from the factory with a 100-yard front sight. Just shows how much confidence Walther has in their guns.

Great gun backed with solid customer service.

Not a single person who saw my carbine at the range thought it was a .22LR -- they thought I put a conversion kit on a real Colt M-4.

I have this one and couldnt be happier. Kids and wife love shooting it.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    I have this one and couldnt be happier. Kids and wife love shooting it.

Thanks for the vote of confidence and welcome to the forum. My "kids" burned up 200 rounds in one session. Poppy did not break down and reload the magazines. You want to shoot, you have to reload!

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)
    I went with 22LR specific upper, and put it on an existing lower. IF this is an optin for you, consider it IMO. I went with a nice upper, no plastic. came with a free float tube and a flat top no sights which is what I wanted. Was pricey but I'm happy and that's all that counts :)

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    Im not a big fan of the mag on my 15-22. I guess Im spoiled by ruger mags. For a cheap tactical ish plinker Ive had a blast with my savage FVSR. Its cheap at 250 bucks and is very accurate.

Fleetman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have one of the Mossberg 715T tacticals.....I'm not real impressed as it feels pretty cheap and most of the controls are fake (charge handle, etc). It shoots/cycles well though. I was pretty disappointed with their customer service when I bought mine....I didn't notice the collapsible stock release was broken (actually thought it fake too)....when I wrote Mossberg they said I had to send them the entire firearm (my shipping cost of course) when all I needed was the buttstock....I also offered to purchase the b/stock but they refused and said they needed to see the entire firearm. I purchased a BLACKHAWK! collapsible buttstock from Cabelas (cost me $10 since I had a gift card already) and was happy after that.

It's an ok tactical rifle but I feel you'll be happier with something else.....S&W 15-22, Ruger 10-22 accessorized, etc. Good luck with whatever you get!

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    Try the Sig 522. There are several variants and I've currently got two, with another on the way. The first is the standard 522, with 16" threaded barrel, iron sights and a simple 3x optic. It often wears a suppressor. The second is the target version, with a 20" heavy target barrel, an ATI 15" free float forend and Harris bipod. The optic is a Nikon Prostaff EFR 3-9x40 AO. Awesome accuracy and both are incredibly reliable regardless of what ammo you feed them with. The third (which is enroute) is the factory SBR version. It will have wear a simple red dot sight and have fold down iron sights.

do some research and you'll find that the reliability of the 522 gives up nothing to the 10/22 and is actually a whole lot easier to clean, as it simply a two-pin setup--just like an AR and other Sig rifles.

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    Last edited:

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE

HKaltwasser

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    I would go with the M&P. If it were my choice, it would be a Walther made 416 .22 , with a very close 10/22 second.

I'm currently waiting on a Mossberg 715T to come in. It's a Christmas present for my son. 209.00 shipped was hard to pass on and the 10/22 alternative was about the same price, but I would have to add too many accessories before I got it to where it needed to be for him. I know it's a better gun but he'll be moving up to another caliber soon enough so.... He already has a Marlin M60 too, so this was where I landed.http://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com/products2.cfm/ID/99180
    389.00 shipped M&P 22
    http://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com/products2.cfm/ID/84585

This the first I've dealt with these guys, but their communication, prices, and sevice was the best I have experienced from anyone. I have ordered thousands of thing online too.

Good luck with the choice.

Last edited:

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    Q.E.D. Essentially, the 15-22 IS an AR (most of the fire control parts are interchangeable with standard AR parts), so my statement was correct and stands. The 15-22 is a great choice and very reliable. The only downside I see is the proprietary mags. With the Sig, you can use the Black Dog mags, which are simply excellent.

Wasn't countering, just adding to ...

HKaltwasser

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    OK, After receiving my son's 715T , I have to agree that this thing is cheap feeling. The mag release is a bit junky and the overall feel is cheap. I don't think I could recomend this thing to anyone. Might be fun tomorrow but it just seems a bit flimsy to me. Luckily only 200.00 tossed at it.

Looking back, I wish I would have bought him a 10/22 or a 416 .22.

Top Bottom