• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vernix

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2011
    Once was Mexico.
    Not the cheapest but I'll give a big thumbs up to getting a real AR lower and a CMMG or DPMS(My choice) .22 dedicated upper.

Huge room for growth and massive customizability!!!

Black Dog mags work great including the 50 round drums.

RACER X

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2013
    Richmond/Houston
    Try the Sig 522. There are several variants and I've currently got two, with another on the way. The first is the standard 522, with 16" threaded barrel, iron sights and a simple 3x optic. It often wears a suppressor. The second is the target version, with a 20" heavy target barrel, an ATI 15" free float forend and Harris bipod. The optic is a Nikon Prostaff EFR 3-9x40 AO. Awesome accuracy and both are incredibly reliable regardless of what ammo you feed them with. The third (which is enroute) is the factory SBR version. It will have wear a simple red dot sight and have fold down iron sights.

do some research and you'll find that the reliability of the 522 gives up nothing to the 10/22 and is actually a whole lot easier to clean, as it simply a two-pin setup--just like an AR and other Sig rifles.

Is the 15-22 stock milspec or commercial sized?

I'd like one w a threaded barrel , but want to add a pink stock & grip, magpul is making pink stocks and grips now.

Not sure I want to spend the $ on a magpul one just to change out the furniture.

posted from my couch!

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Is the 15-22 stock milspec or commercial sized?

I'd like one w a threaded barrel , but want to add a pink stock & grip, magpul is making pink stocks and grips now.

Not sure I want to spend the $ on a magpul one just to change out the furniture.

posted from my couch!
    It's a milspec.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I have a GSG-5; it's a lot of fun but I vote for none of the above. Get a 10/22, a tacticool stock, and several BX-25 mags ;)

I have had zero luck with the BX-25 magazines working in any of my 5 10/22 rifles. The Butler Creek mags ( both HotLips and Steel Lips work flawlessly)

Before you go and buy a bunch of the BX-25s, buy one and see if it will function in your 10/22.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    I have had zero luck with the BX-25 magazines working in any of my 5 10/22 rifles. The Butler Creek mags ( both HotLips and Steel Lips work flawlessly)

Hoji, I only have three 10/22's but all 8 BX25's I have work flawlessly. How many BX25's have you tried? Have you gone back to Ruger?

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Hoji, I only have three 10/22's but all 8 BX25's I have work flawlessly. How many BX25's have you tried? Have you gone back to Ruger?
    Ruger is usually extremely helpful but in this case all they could do was replace the mags( 3 of them) with three new ones that were as worthless as the three I sent them. I asked if it could have to do with the fact that all of my 10/22s are older guns. They said it should not matter, but we're not sure.
    Like I said, never any issues with Butler Creek mags, and they are cheaper to boot.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Ruger is usually extremely helpful but in this case all they could do was replace the mags( 3 of them) with three new ones that were as worthless as the three I sent them. I asked if it could have to do with the fact that all of my 10/22s are older guns. They said it should not matter, but we're not sure.
    Like I said, never any issues with Butler Creek mags, and they are cheaper to boot.

That's really strange.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    That's really strange.
    It is. I have seen them work just fine. Had someone suggest tinkering with them. I chose not to do that, as I should not have to tinker with a factory magazine to have it function in the gun whose factory it came from, lol.

Top Bottom