• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MikePotts

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Tundra needs new boots:

I can get a set of Yokohama Geolander All Terrain for $1550 - locally (Kerrville)

OR

I can get Original equipment B F Goodrich All Terrains from the dealership in Boerne for $1320

I have a service agreement with Toyota and they will rotate 'em every 500mi., as will the local dealer,..... but I have to go to Toyota anyway for oil change & stuff.
    ARJ Defense ad

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    BFG KO2 ATs are my recommendation. And check Discount Tire before buying from a dealer. They will most likely have better prices, and you can get them serviced/repaired at any store.

And why in the heck are you rotating them every 500 miles? Do you change your oil that often as well? Way overkill, every 5K miles is plenty enough!

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Figure out which has the best "wet road" traction.
    It's really frustrating to take off in the rain and have to worry about spinning the tires EVERY time...

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Rotate tires every 500 miles? Sure there isn't a 0 missing?

And who goes to the dealership for oil changes? Unless it's free?

MikePotts

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    oops yeah 5000mi.
    BFG KO2 ATs are my recommendation. And check Discount Tire before buying from a dealer. They will most likely have better prices, and you can get them serviced/repaired at any store.

And why in the heck are you rotating them every 500 miles? Do you change your oil that often as well? Way overkill, every 5K miles is plenty enough!

Our local "Discount Tire" while probably cheaper are notoriously incompetent.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I have gotten fantastic wear and mileage from my Hankook AT tires I got at Discount Tire

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    Tundra needs new boots:

I can get a set of Yokohama Geolander All Terrain for $1550 - locally (Kerrville)

OR

I can get Original equipment B F Goodrich All Terrains from the dealership in Boerne for $1320

I have a service agreement with Toyota and they will rotate 'em every 500mi., as will the local dealer,..... but I have to go to Toyota anyway for oil change & stuff.
    First, there’s no Y in tires. Secondly, I have had one set of geolanders on a truck and I swore never again. I had to replace a 2 week old tire because the soft rubber allowed a mesquite thorn to penetrate through the tread then turn and go up the sidewall. I usually get at least 50,000 miles from AT truck tires but by the time I had 30,000 on those things they weren’t round anymore, and had broken belts everywhere. My half ton Z71 was riding like a tank. BF Goodrich All Terrain are really good and last a long time. My last 3 sets of tires have been Goodyear DuraTracs. Great in mud and snow, and don’t sing excessively. Averaging about 50,000 miles per set.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    I am a major BFG fan and also Goodyear, spent $1000's on them and nothing but great service.

Discount Tire is my go to. Just went down to DT the other day with a tire from one of my tools here on the place and asked if they get either fix it since it won't hold air or replace it and if so then I will buy 2. We looked them up in the computer and there was my tire. The guy said you make want to look at these and he spun the computer around and I said wow, that is some serious tread and that will grip and do what I need, let me go for those...and they cost that much more!!! They said come back at about 5 that day (about 2 weeks ago).

I go to pick up the 2 tires and the bill show the tires as NO COST, that right they gave me the tires and I bought the standard warranty for road hazard.

Over the years I have recived from rotates and balances along the free flat fixes for tires I did not buy from DT (new car tires).

Here is the deal, got to DT and as for "Family and Friends" pricing.

black_ice

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2017
    Tundra needs new boots:

OR

I have ran most all of them over years and I prefer Toyo or Nitto.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom