• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    BFG all terrain ko2 is hard to beat. Cost a little more but I’ve been through many many sets of tires in the last decade and the BFG’s are the best imo.

I put a set on my Jeep last July, they tend to be a little heavier than the MTs that I replaced (probably due to less "air" between the treads) so I didn't see any increase in mileage; but the ride and decrease in road noise has been greatly improved! I have noticed the stiffer sidewalls has meant pot holes and bumps in the road are felt more, but that does help the handling especially around corners. I am also expecting great wear rates with them as they barely show the 5K miles I have put on them so far.

Most of Texas can be handled with AT tires, there may be parts in the eastern portion of the state that a mud tire would be beneficial but those tend to be loud and will cup if not rotated on a fairly regular basis.

BFG KO2s are probably the best tire for moderate offroading in Texas, and they've got such great characteristics on the road that in total they make for the best choice overall.
    Lynx Defense

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    BFG all terrain ko2 is hard to beat. Cost a little more but I’ve been through many many sets of tires in the last decade and the BFG’s are the best imo.

I put a set on my Jeep last July, they tend to be a little heavier than the MTs that I replaced (probably due to less "air" between the treads) so I didn't see any increase in mileage; but the ride and decrease in road noise has been greatly improved! I have noticed the stiffer sidewalls has meant pot holes and bumps in the road are felt more, but that does help the handling especially around corners. I am also expecting great wear rates with them as they barely show the 5K miles I have put on them so far.

Most of Texas can be handled with AT tires, there may be parts in the eastern portion of the state that a mud tire would be beneficial but those tend to be loud and will cup if not rotated on a fairly regular basis.

BFG KO2s are probably the best tire for moderate offroading in Texas, and they've got such great characteristics on the road that in total they make for the best choice overall.

Gummi Bear

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2015
    Arlington
    Good Year needs to get out of the tire business all together: They can’t build a round tire, or one that won’t delaminate the tread, or pop belts. Absolute junk. I’ve tried their car, truck, and trailer tires, all have failed.

I won’t run any “P” tires on my truck. LT only. Anyone who says that passenger tires are ‘rated for that truck’ has never pulled a trailer on splashy tires. That’s a white knuckle experience.

I’ve had good service from Bridgestone, Michelin, BFG and Cooper tires.

I’m gonna need new shoes on my truck soon, probably go with Cooper again. They are a good value.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

sidebite252

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma
    Now I also need to recognize the cooper Discoverer ATP they sell exclusively at Discount Tire. I ran a set of these on my 2013 GMC 1500 and I was actually impressed with their ride and longevity. I drive the worst roads in Texas and run interstates as well. This was a good tire for the price. I would buy them again.

southtexaspilot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    San Antonio

I’m gonna try a set when I go to 35’s. You can buy em from me if I’m not happy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    BFG KO2 ATs are my recommendation. And check Discount Tire before buying from a dealer. They will most likely have better prices, and you can get them serviced/repaired at any store.

And why in the heck are you rotating them every 500 miles? Do you change your oil that often as well? Way overkill, every 5K miles is plenty enough!

Had these put on my Xterra. 10% off at NTB.

Top Bottom