• ...and so much more!
  • SURVIVOR619

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 31, 2017
    US
    Here is a fact about whiskey that most people who drink will not admit; nothing good has ever came from drinking whiskey or any other alcoholic beverage.
    If your statement suggested nothing good ever came from 'abusing' whiskey or alcohol, I think you have more merit to claim fact. However admonishing a mere drink could not possibly support any good is a stretch. Alcohol use and abuse indeed is the root cause of many irreversible tragedies but to suggest it has not been part of anything good is a statement with which I must respectfully disagree.

Cheers!

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Here is a fact about whiskey that most people who drink will not admit; nothing good has ever came from drinking whiskey or any other alcoholic beverage.
    Although I will agree on over indulging, but that statement is not totally true. Just an opinion.
    And I don't drink.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    If your statement suggested nothing good ever came from 'abusing' whiskey or alcohol, I think you have more merit to claim fact. However admonishing a mere drink could not possibly support any good is a stretch. Alcohol use and abuse indeed is the root cause of many irreversible tragedies but to suggest it has not been part of anything good is a statement with which I must respectfully disagree.

Cheers!

Drinking and abusing are two very different things. I have abused alcohol in the past. I don't any more.

Anything can be abused to the point it becomes destructive to a person's life.

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    That's kind of a nonsensical statement. For example, Here is a fact about cheeseburgers that most people who eat will not admit; nothing good has ever came from eating a cheeseburger or any other sandwich. Just mho

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I remember when Conway did this song years ago. Awesome song by him. Then many years later, Blake Shelton did a version of the song, and I was blown away. He did justice to the Conway version without a doubt.

Which one do you like better?

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    In celebration of the end of National Bourbon Heritage Month [September], America's only native spirit, here's some of Texas' best:

https://archive.vn/AORN0

--
    Since I'm a big fan of Maker's Mark (a wheated Bourbon), I'm probably going to have to try me some of that Balcones!

Last edited:

SURVIVOR619

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 31, 2017
    US
    Since I'm a big fan of Maker's Mark (a wheated Bourbon), I'm probably going to have to try me some of that Balcones!

I, too, enjoy Maker's, describing it as bold and not sweet. Balcones is indeed quality but on my palate tastes a bit sweet (caramel notes). Not my preference but can certainly agree with the quality of the craft.

b07fef3bc3ea9abbe267ee12637d6ea4.jpg

Top Bottom