• FrEaK_aCcIdEnT

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Cibolo, TX
    Has anyone tried Ranger Creek .36?
    Ranger Creek .36 Texas Bourbon

RC36bottle_noBG_small.jpg

Nvm... failed to read all the replies. Thanks @ole cowboy.
    Texas SOT

Last edited:

Rebel

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 20, 2014
    Had some Bookers for the first time over the weekend. The person who had it settled on it after a failed attempt to get some Pappy van Winkle Family Reserve. It was quite good.

Best whiskey I've had is the previous iteration of Black Maple Hills 16 Year Small Batch. It was discontinued 2-3 years ago but was brought back. Unfortunately the newer version has had a drop in quality that has not been reflected in the price.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I - And several of my friends - love this stuff. Found it on the 4th of July '13, and every time I'm in town, I try and pick up a bottle. Specs for awhile coudln't keep it on the shelf.

I'm three bottles into the brand. I bought cinnamon flavor last trip.....And it's amazing. Unlike fireball or JD Tennessee fire. This stuff isn't a liqueur. Bourbon with cinnamon overtones. Sweet-ish and cold water smooth. No burn but it's still warm. Makes you double take the taste. Thinking holy shit, this stuff is good!

121e187de20a5d8471f60a4ab181b171.jpg

The peach flavor is next. It's always either sold out or just a couple bottles.

Last edited:

JohnnyLoco

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Texas
    I'm three bottles into the brand. I bought cinnamon flavor last trip.....And it's amazing. Unlike fireball or JD Tennessee fire. This stuff isn't a liqueur. Bourbon with cinnamon overtones. Sweet-ish and cold water smooth. No burn but it's still warm. Makes you double take the taste. Thinking holy shit, this stuff is good!

121e187de20a5d8471f60a4ab181b171.jpg

The peach flavor is next. It's always either sold out or just a couple bottles.

Even at only 70 proof? Okay, I'll take your word for it. Maybe it will be on sample somewhere.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Even at only 70 proof? Okay, I'll take your word for it. Maybe it will be on sample somewhere.
    70 proof is rather low and lends itself to mixing rather well or you might say: It plays well with others!.

I just picked up a bottle of 125.9 proof bourbon, its truly for SLOW sipping.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    70 proof is rather low and lends itself to mixing rather well or you might say: It plays well with others!.

You need to stay away from the airport gas pumps!

You're drinking rocket fuel....lol

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Wait, I've stayed away from this thread cause I thought someone way back said this was about Whisky only, no Bourbon allowed.
    You are old school...at one time Bourbon ONLY could be called Bourbon if it was made in Bourbon Cty kentucky, but those days are now gone...

smittyb

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Cut N Shoot
    WHISKY not whiskey.....there is a difference and the thread title clearly denoted we were talking about Scotch Whisky. Go start a bourbon thread and leave us real connoisseurs be :D
    This is the post to which I refer. Haven't been back since. Don't care what a bunch of Scotch snobs have to say.

NeckBeard

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    I really enjoy unaged (white) whiskey a lot. I'll drink Jameson, and some of the others but small craft distillery liquid is my fancy.

my brother sent me a bottle of "climax".... It's the smoothest I've ever had. Too bad they don't sell it in tx.

Recoil45

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2014

Now I know why you don't mind mixing some water in with your scotch. I don't have anything over 80 proof in my stash.

Big Phil

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    SATX
    I treated myself on payday for finishing up our current project and bought myself some Balvenie 17. It was heavenly.

a8b6609510374b2f823c3b74f30e9549.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom