White House Security

Discussion in 'Politics' started by DirtyD, Dec 5, 2009.

1. DirtyD

DirtyD Well-Known

Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_the_people_s_house

I understand the need for security, but this goes a long way towards explaining the change in attitude from governing officials over the last half century. It used to be that they were not considered "governing officials', but were proud to call themselves representatives, and welcomed the general populace into their offices. I may be young at 34 by many standards, but I yearn for a simpler time when men were men, opinions were expected and respected, and the government was for the people by the people, not I got mine, now what else can I get.....

2. 1rightguy

1rightguy Active Member

Mar 25, 2009
    Well said young man...

3. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    I remembered driving by the White House in the mid 80's and thinking how cool it was ... now ...

The report, rich in capturing the history of openness at the White House, was written by a panel that recommended the closing of Pennsylvania Avenue to traffic outside. That happened in May 1995.

4. TrailDust

TrailDust TGT Addict

Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    No one got into the White House who wasn't ultimately allowed to come in. There was an agenda with that fiasco.

5. Jeff B

Jeff B Active Member

May 28, 2008
    Flower Mound, TX
    We have gone from being the governed who give our consent, to the ruled who now give only our taxes.

Jeff B.