• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drew02a

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    any guarantee of at least a fair shot on a deer or pay either way?

Because of the unpredictable nature of wildlife, hunter preference, and firearm operator error, I don't gurantee anything related to bag or what kind of shot will be presented unless worked out ahead of time via phone, email, or PM.

drew02a

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    I also just set up my lease in San Antonio (20min from downtown) for deer hunting if anyone is interested in doing a quick trip with me there. It's only pistol, shotgun, or bow hunting though. And I have yet to see a single buck there... though there's tons of healthy dows

kusai

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Bedford TX
    Hello Guys,

I had booked a hunt with Drew for this weekend. Just trying to give a small precise review.

I reach the pre agreed location on time, and Drew was there to pick me up and we drove to the lease which is like 5 mins. We reached the lease and drove around to the blind which is really good, tall and sturdy. There are 3 feeders and 2 blinds one of which is on ground, once I scouted the blinds we went back to the barn/parking/shed and Drew cooked us a really good meal, we talked had some conversation and by 9:30 10:00pm we went to sleep.

We got up by 5 and headed to the blind and the wait started, just as the sun was rising Drew spotted a doe and a buck. We stalked a little bit and once I had a clear shot I took one. It was a big 8 pointer buck I harvested, Drew also helped me field dress and quarter the buck. Once done we went back to the town to grab some sammich and were back to the blind by noon, waited till sunset but there were no deers in sight at all. Lucky we one in the morning.

All in all it was a good experience and enjoyed a lot, will surely use his service again whenever time permits me this season. And just a word of caution, I forgot a lot of small things to take but really Drew had me covered. Make sure you really make a list of stuff you gonna take. From toothbrush to TP lol.

GUN: Rem 700 SPS AAC-SD
    Supressor: AAC SD
    Ammo: Fed Deer Thug 180gr SP

DSC03055_zps0fae2e4e.jpg

DSC03054_zpsc24a660e.jpg

Last edited:

drew02a

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    ...and they did

We had another great hunt. Got 2 spikes of the same feeder 30min apart on Saturday morning. Then another spike on the other feeder in the evening.

I almost got a 4th one that wandered past our camp, but I only had my 9mm Glock 26 which can't hit the broad side of a barn at 50yds much less a deer.

drew02a

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    Got 3 more this weekend. 2 Spikes and a dow.

If the dude I took out there would have sighted in his rifle before coming out, he would have bagged a HUGE 8pt and tagged out, lol

drew02a

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    Jan 5th (Spikes and does open till the 19th)

However, I'm having a kid in January and won't be leaving town anytime after Christmas in case it comes early.

Top Bottom