• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Unless you grow your own corn. It's GMO. From sweet corn to feed corn. Monsanto supplies the seeds for the super farms. When you drive by a corn field. They sometimes have a small sign saying what seed it is. When you see those signs, look up the seed. Who produces it? Who owns the company that produced it?

I don't know of a corn at the grocery store that's not GMO. That includes every other product. From corn oil to corn tortillas. GM-fu¢king O. They even fu¢ked up Oatmeal.

Test have been performed using rats. No matter what Monsanto says. It's unproven as being safe.

DwnRange

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2015
    Interesting article - as here on the farm use of deer corn and 14% protein pellets, which is measured in tons/per year, (as we run 6 Cox feeders during deer season and 3 all year round along with the protein pellet in creep feeders- as deer can eat a 100# of pellets every 3 days if I allow it). That along with the 1/2 dozen food plots of various types, it is troubling to think that our efforts may be detrimental to the actual care we thought we were giving.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    “I believe the main cause is increased predation on fawns,” Adams said.

One of the neighbors of our deer lease reported that he saw 2 boars fighting over a fawn carcass last spring.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    GMOs are nothing new. Humans have been messing with the genetics of corn since we decided to settle in to communities and grow basic crops centuries ago.

That said, Monsanto is a shit company and it's damn near impossible to boycott them. They have a hand in 90% of the crap you buy at the grocery store.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Look.
    We've seen a boom in rodents in the past few years.
    That led to a boom in predators.
    The rodent population has declined, and continues to do so.
    The excess population of coyote and bobcat are going to eat or starve. Toss the feral hogs in to the mix, and fawns lose.

Blame corn if you want to. Just think about real continuous, sustaining ecology for a minute.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    It's a miracle they've survived the fire ants and haven't gone the way of quail.

I'm more concerned that all the deer around here seem to only move after dark this year. It's like they know...

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2017
    Cypress
    This whole deer season I rarely saw any deer until past dusk, when I turned my attention to hogs. Definitely only saw young does during the day. Cameras obviously saw much more.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Sure seems like the number splattered on the road is higher lately too.

We should really move those deer crossing signs off the highways so they quit crossing in such dangerous areas.......

Charlie Primero

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2017
    Forest Country
    No matter what Monsanto says. It's unproven as being safe.

I admit, Glyphosate scares me. We see:
    Just because your Wife comes home drunk smelling like men's cologne at 6 a.m. every Saturday morning from "Friday after-work drinks with the girls", and you find receipts for cheap motels in her purse does NOT mean she's having an affair, but you should start paying close attention.

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    Sure seems like the number splattered on the road is higher lately too.

We should really move those deer crossing signs off the highways so they quit crossing in such dangerous areas.......
    I had to make 2 early morning trips from my house to the Houston area. It was like a war zone with all the deer, both live and dead on and along side the road.

Top Bottom