• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    Went Skeet shooting last week, and I loved it think Im going to start going some.

Who all shoots and where?

reddog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2013
    Terlingua
    I have my own trap range, next closest place is over 60 miles away. I agree it's a fun pastime even if you are shooting by yourself.

Big Dipper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    ATX & FC, WI
    Moving targets vs. punching holes in paper is a whole different kind of fun!

My favorite trap/skeet range is up in NE WI -- only 4.50/round! It's a lot more $$$ down here in Austin and not nearly as convenient.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    I love me some wobble throwers. To me, those are the most consistent with quail. You never know how either of the bastards will come out..

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    My dads Girlfriends Family has a place by buffalo and they have a Auto Thrower mounted on the corner of the deck, 180 Yard rifle range, and a 400 out in the woods its a nice little set up. Need to find somewhere "Cheap" around here to do it.

Im pretty proud of myself first time out and Im shooting 3 clays in a row, but I missed a bunch too I probably hit 60% or so. Even hit a few that were launched while I was still loading the second shell, threw the third in the port, jammed it in as Im bringing it up and dusted it. They kept looking over at me with weird looks I guess they thought I was lying about it being my first time out. I think I could be pretty decent with some practice. Pretty sure instinctive archery, and bow fishing may give me an advantage since Im used to moving targets/leads. It almost seemed like when I came up and shot fast Id dust them, but when Id try to use the sight and think about it I'd miss.

Reaper277

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2013
    My buddies and I love shooting sporting clays, we also do a cabin trip 2x a year where we kill about 5-600 clays during our 2 days away.
    Alpine in FT Worth is pretty good and Fossile Pointe in Decatur are the 2 we frequent

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    I'm always looking for a buddy to shoot clays with. Trap or skeet is $3/rnd when you go with me. I shoot at Parker County Sportsman Club.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Tapatalk

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Hey Mike,

I have an electric trap with remote release AND a wobbler! I'm not that good at it but getting my trap was supposed to change that....snicker.

Flash

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    Hey Mike,

I have an electric trap with remote release AND a wobbler! I'm not that good at it but getting my trap was supposed to change that....snicker.

Flash

We need to do some shooting! Its insane how fast you go through shells/Clays with a auto thrower. We shot multiple cases of shells, and several boxes of clays. My dads Benelli Nova made me look good.

Im going to get a decent auto sometime in the near(ish) future

Last edited:

Dhayes

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Idaho Falls,Idaho
    I recently discovered shooting trap and skeet at the Clark County Shooting Park here in Vegas. I like it. ALOT. I usually hit more than I miss. It's quite satisfying to hit clays and see them explode and rain down to the ground in tiny pieces.

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    I recently discovered shooting trap and skeet at the Clark County Shooting Park here in Vegas. I like it. ALOT. I usually hit more than I miss. It's quite satisfying to hit clays and see them explode and rain down to the ground in tiny pieces.

Its even more satisfying when somebody wings one and you dust it before it hits the ground :D

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Semi auto 12 gauge? Remington 1100! I have a sickness for the darned things. Been shooting 1100's since the 1960's and simply can't resist them!

Flash

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    Semi auto 12 gauge? Remington 1100! I have a sickness for the darned things. Been shooting 1100's since the 1960's and simply can't resist them!

Flash

I was actually thinking a 930 Waterfowl in Mossy oak Duck Blind(want to start bird hunting at some point) or a Berretta 3901, but that could always change. I had a 930SPX HD style shotgun and I love it so Im kind of thinking maybe I need to get the 930 so I can rob parts and not have to learn to work on 2 different shotguns.

dee

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    The Beretta 390/391 are one of the most popular in sporting clays. I shoot a 390 Eureka in 20ga for everything besides trap from the handicap lines.

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    I was actually thinking a 930 Waterfowl in Mossy oak Duck Blind(want to start bird hunting at some point) or a Berretta 3901, but that could always change. I had a 930SPX HD style shotgun and I love it so Im kind of thinking maybe I need to get the 930 so I can rob parts and not have to learn to work on 2 different shotguns.

Just buy the barrel. Had them both. No difference other than the extension tube and barrel (unless you have the picatinney rail SPX or the pistol grip).

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Tapatalk

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom