• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 50calRay

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    blah
    Well I realy don't fashion my self as an AR nut but I do own half dozen.

Here is the two I play around with the most.

Bushmaster w/full floarter and Eotech
    ar5.jpg

DPMS W/varmint barrel...I don't have a picture but it's about the same except mines has a calapsable stock.
    sweet16.gif

Here is some ammo as well.

DSC00797.jpg

malladus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2008
    Houston-Dallas
    Now that I got some photos, I'll join the thread.

Bushmaster Varmitter
    24" barrel
    free float tube forearm
    Magpul PRS stock
    Badger Tactilatch
    Can't remember who makes the grip
    Larue SPR 1.5 scope mount
    Bushnell 4200 Elite 6-24x40mm

IMG_2781.gif

My first build, well partial build
    RRA RA-15A4 upper with Wilson heavier barrel and railed gasblock
    Magpul tactilatch
    EoTech with flip lever quick release base (can't remember manufacturer)
    ARMS flip up rear BUIS
    YHM flip up front BUIS
    Lower is DPMS with DPMS parts kit
    RRA two stage trigger
    Magpul trigger guard
    ERgo Grip
    Magpul CTR stock

IMG_2787.jpg

NO pictures yet, but I've started another build after I built two from parts for my brother-in-law and father-in-law.
    So far I got:
    Aerotech Precision stripped lower
    VLTOR MUR-1 stripped upper

I'm looking at doing it in 6.8 SPC. Got the WOA 18" stainless match barrel with midlength gas system and bolt on order. Now just picking out the internals for the lower, stock and forearm and some optics for it.

Malladus

Cyfer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2008
    TEXAS
    My RRA w/ Eotech 512 on a GG&G Accucam QD mount, GG&G Eotech Covers, Aimpoint QD Mount w/ Aimpoint (Clone) 3x Magnifier, ARMS S.I.R. system, and SureFire M900A (Clone)

IMG_4325.jpg

IMG_4328.jpg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2008
    Whitesboro, TX
    Can't post any pics cause I'm on the road but I have a Double Eagle upper and lower built at Model 1. A2 stock and handle, 20" barrel. Most of my shopping is at SOG Armory in Houston, Cheaper than Dirt in Fort Worth, and Ammunition to Go in Brenhem. It's pretty much plain Jane cause I like it just like it is.

Texas Patriot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Spring
    Guess I fit into this category too. I've got 3 RRA's and a Colt. All are a little different from the other. Not tricked out with anything more than a sling and some have an EoTech on them.

I like to keep it simple.

malladus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2008
    Houston-Dallas
    Finally got my Magpul UBR in and finished assembling the lower for my latest build project.

arbuild.gif

If you squint real hard you can imagine it with an 18" WOA stainless steel 6.8 SPCII chambered match barrel, Troy FDE flip up BUIS (HK style front) and a full length Troy FDE rail. The optics are still out for dicussion at the moment, tossing around putting either another EoTech, an Aimpoint, or an ACOG on it.

So far it consists of:

Lower:
    -Aerotek Precision Lower (it was a gift that started the whole thing off)
    -DPMS springs
    -antiwalk pins
    -RRA two stage NM trigger
    -Magpul MIAD FDE grip w/built in enhanced trigger guard
    -Magpul UDR FDE Stock
    -CMMG CAR Buffer
    -TUbb's Speedlock Chrome Silicon Buffer Spring

Upper:
    -VLTOR MUR 1

Must say, the upper and the lower fit together very well, there is no play between like I've run into in some other builds, or even factory rifles.

Got the barrel on order at the moment, still mulling over bolt carrier options as well.

As it comes together I'll post more pictures.

Malladus

malladus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2008
    Houston-Dallas
    My biggest fear at the moment is that Troy's idea of FDE and Magpul's is going to be different. I've been looking around to see if I can find cerrocoat or similar that matches the magpul incase it doesn't work.

My big race though is to get a surplus of mags stocked up prior to the elections. Not wanting to wear the tinfoil hat or anything, but if something does happen, I don't want to be stuck paying $150 for 25 round mags.

Malladus

bozack

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    Pflugerville, TX
    Just now getting into AR's etc and am trying to ramp up on everything available out there.

Came across what appears to be a good deal on a used XM177 clone, anyone have some feedback on those vs a standard Bushmaster etc. Is there concerns for having different uppers and lowers?
    Although it seems like alot of folks buy a stripped down lower to save money and build em up anyways...

Thanks

Major Woody

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2008
    Bushy M4A3 carbine with Izzy flash suppressor. I'm getting 1/2 inch groups at 100 yds with SS 109. I topped it with a Sightron SII 3x9x42. Not one glitch. Love my Bushy.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2008
    TA, The Girl was commenting about your collection on the drive up today. She was admiring your collection. I reminded her that some people actually get out now and then and shoot their AR's. :p She'll put about 500 rounds downrange for record and ranking.

Well, tell her "Thank you".

I haven't had much of a chance to get to range in a long time. It's good to see that she continues to enjoy shooting.

If you decide that you want to borrow one of the AR's let me know.

p51mustang

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Spring Texas
    DPMS AR15 A2 flat top receiver 6X30 tactical scope 20inch HBAR.

Armalite M15A4 flat top receiver, quad rail, C-More red dot, Nikon 4.5x14X30, 16inch HBAR. Shoot a little USPSA three gun now and again.. Laying in some additional ammo and mags before the elections.

iratollah

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2008
    RRA CAR A2-- iron sights. Plan to shoot in the local service rifle club matches.
    Well maybe we'll see you at one of the matches. We (my daughter) usually shoots at Bayou or Greenwood, I'm her porter/baggage handler/spotter. We'll be at the state service rifle match this coming weekend in Bastrop.

I'll probably take up the sport once she goes off to college, depending on where she winds up at school. Currently, I'm not allowed to shoot her rifle.

BrazosCoTX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2008
    Brazos County, TX
    Thanks, Iratollah...

Hope I remember a few things about known distance shooting from my days in the Corps. Ordered a CMP sling today-- definitely remember how to rig that rascal! Am debating the need for a shooting jacket-- would rather spend the money on ammo.

Speaking of ammo-- do you and daughter shoot strictly 5.56, or do you practice with .223 as well? Gonna make a bulk purchase soon, and would appreciate any advice.

Good luck to your daughter at the match!

Semper Fidelis

iratollah

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2008
    Am debating the need for a shooting jacket-- would rather spend the money on ammo.
    Virtually all the participants wear a jacket, seems to help a lot with the offhand. Almost all wear a sweatshirt under the jacket, no matter the ambient temp. You should be able to get at least an entry level jacket for around $60, or perhaps someone has a used jacket they may be willing to sell.

Speaking of ammo-- do you and daughter shoot strictly 5.56, or do you practice with .223 as well? Gonna make a bulk purchase soon, and would appreciate any advice.
    Good question! I handload her 600yd ammo with Sierra 80gr MK BTHP. Maybe someone here can tell me if that's .223 or 5.56, I have no idea. Before I started reloading I bought a case of Black Hills .223, 77gr Sierra MK BTHP for the short range. (That one case would have repaid the reloading setup ROI had I been ready to reload.) When the Black Hills is gone (next month), I'm going to start reloading the spent brass with the 77's. Will that be .223 or 5.56 and what's the difference? IMHO, it really doesn't matter what it's called so long as she's putting them in the 10 ring. Brunetti has very limited practice time so she only wants to practice with the same ammo as she uses in a match.

Good luck to your daughter at the match!
    Thank you very much! My daughter says that the fine folks she's met in this sport are one reason she stays with it, we appreciate your kind wishes.

What clubs will you be shooting at? We won't know you, but it will be very easy for you to figure out who we are if you come to a Houston area XTC match.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Robert Harrell
    Top Bottom