• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheCytochromeC

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 12, 2013
    DFW
    I don't body build. I do try to stay active. Right now I'm exercising at home and working on strengthening my fingers via hang-board. I like rock climbing so that's my style. I'm also cooking an overwhelming majority of my meals to regulate daily intake. I don't take any supplements, but if I do it's protein powder. I have used NO stimulators but I think it's not particularly necessary. I may not be a body builder but I have worked out in Ronnie Coleman's home gym. He has a cardboard cutout of himself in there, it kind of weirded me out with all the mirrors and stuff. There's my claim to workout fame.

TxDad

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Central Texas
    Sound off. If you bodybuild on any level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I dont body build on any level, I do go to the gym and lift for my own fun. I enjoy it. I dont have a specific regimen that I go by. Just try to work out diff muscles each day and improve each time I go. Its a very good way to relieve stress in a positive way.

robocop10mm

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    Round Rock
    I got a Gold's Gym membership for the family for Christmas. I have been out of the gym for 25 years so I am taking it slow. After a month, I have seen improvements. I do some elliptical to warm up (adding a minute each visit), 3 sets on each machine and close with stationary bike (recumbent to not stress my back). I have started a new routine wherein I do an upper body machine, a leg machine and a core exercise, repeat. Planks, superman, unweighted squats. I have lost nearly 10 lbs in the last month.

"Body building"? Not really. Just trying to get back into some semblance of "shape". Wife and I get to do something together that we both enjoy. I will never get back to the physique I had at 19, but at 52 I'm too old NOT to do something.

Dredens

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2014
    Sealy
    Wouldn't quite call what I do "bodybuilding" per-se, but I do go to the gym at least once a day everyday.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Im 42.

5y8egahy.jpg

The pic is 6 mos progress after taking a two year break and losing it all.

Five days a week. Mon chest, tues back/traps, weds legs, thursday triceps, friday biceps traps. Each session last anywhere from 45mins to 2 hours.

At this point. Some examples: Bench press 180# 4 sets, 8 reps. Leg press 540# 4 sets, 10reps. Wide grip pull ups, 4sets, 10reps. (My fat butt weighs 195#). Triceps, 180# 4-5sets, till it burns like living hell. Usually about 15-20reps. Biceps bout 50# reps till my arms fell like there gonna fall off. One session, about 22,250 pounds get moved from point A to point B.

The secret to bodybuilding....its not how much weight you can lift. Its how much you look like you can lift. After three months, you'll crave to workout. Its the first three month thats the biotch

Sent from my iPhone using NSA spyware

Last edited:

rl96ss

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    CenTex
    Been going for 3yrs now. I love it like post above the days I can't go I crave it. I'm 37 and try to make advancements on my compound movements. Deadlift, bench press and leg press, no squat kills my lower back. For some reason I can deadlift with ease but squatting compresses my lower back same with seated military press. I go 4-5 days a week.
    Mon- chest/triceps
    Tues-shoulders/biceps
    Wed-off
    Thurs-back
    Fri- chest
    Sat-off/cardio
    Sun-legs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Been going for 3yrs now. I love it like post above the days I can't go I crave it. I'm 37 and try to make advancements on my compound movements. Deadlift, bench press and leg press, no squat kills my lower back. For some reason I can deadlift with ease but squatting compresses my lower back same with seated military press. I go 4-5 days a week.
    Mon- chest/triceps
    Tues-shoulders/biceps
    Wed-off
    Thurs-back
    Fri- chest
    Sat-off/cardio
    Sun-legs

Same here. Squats tear me up. Bad. I enjoyed doing them. But my back said no. Same with shrugs on a smith machine. 180# was as far as I went. Back couldn't take it. I do my traps in other ways now.

I eat around 150-200grams of protein a day. 4 eggs for breakfast, 1/2 pound ground beef at lunch, either another 1/2# beef, or a huge pork chop. Or chicken quarter at dinner. Whey protein. Scoop at brunch in 500ml of 2% milk. Same thing at around 9pm. Greek yogurt to beat sweet cravings. Its no problem burning through 1-2 gallons of milk a week.

Ive gotten to the point, carbs make me sick. My energy comes from fat. Anything carb-ish outside veggies....make me feel like straight crap. No way in hell do i eat bread.

Sent from my iPhone using NSA spyware

Last edited:

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    I used to, but even after loosing 60 pounds and having 18-20'' arms I looked the EFFING same as before. lol

Top Bottom